Page 592 of 740 FirstFirst ... 92492542582589590591592593594595602642692 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,920 of 7395

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    This actually pisses me off about the Democrats:

Democrats dispute the claim that lawmakers need to target mental illness more so than the availability of guns to reduce shooting violence in the U.S. They say that similar rates of mental illness in other developed nations across the globe prove that mental illness alone cannot fully explain the prevalence of mass shootings in the U.S.

In effort to make their almost certainly defeated stand on gun control bills, they are failing to call the Republicans out on their current stance for mental health reform. The Dems should take the opportunity to gain some ground expanding mental health care.

Unfortunately, we are too entrenched in "they are taking that side this time, so we'll take the other."
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #5912
    Fourteen years of college and you still don't know that viruses aren't cells.
    I concede to your first-hand knowledge of viruses
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #5913
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Actual question. Why are Americans insane?
    I mean, every other country in the world sees the direct correlation between guns and you know, people being shot with guns. It's not a heavy lift.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Lounge   -   #5914
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Actual question. Why are Americans insane?
    I mean, every other country in the world sees the direct correlation between guns and you know, people being shot with guns. It's not a heavy lift.
    Explain it to me.

Please be concise.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #5915
    I actually had not thought about purchasing a gun for years. However, our (@%÷ mayor decided that she wanted to revitalize our downtown area. Great. Unfortunately for that plan, there were too many nasty, disgusting homeless people wandering about and sleeping on the streets. She got them all pushed out, but they had nowhere to laze about and do their homeless things like drugs, crime, violating shrubbery and things with their urine. They were moved several times around the city, but (SURPRISINGLY) no one wanted them around. Businesses objected. People with houses objected. People with apartments objected. Finally, 'temporary' space was found not too far from my home (yet just far enough away from businesses and homes that no one could complain). Score one for the mayor! Now we have an ever-growing zombie horde of homeless people occupying that small area. It now has a population density of Calcutta along with the same sanitation standards.

My first thought was that the zombie horde of homeless were unlikely to move in large numbers towards my home. Using my kung-fu skills, I can easily make Chop Sui of a couple at a time. Then it occurred to me that I need not exert myself as I am an American. All i need do is just purchase several guns and a few thousand rounds of ammo and cut those dirty bastards in half from a couple hundred yards away. No cleanup!!

Really the point of my story is...mind your own business, foreigner. :American flag:

6. Lounge   -   #5916
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Explain it to me.

Please be concise.
    That's a bit racist against Native Americans isn't it?

Oh wait you said concise.

7. Lounge   -   #5917
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    My first thought was that the zombie horde of homeless were unlikely to move in large numbers towards my home. Using my kung-fu skills, I can easily make Chop Sui of a couple at a time. Then it occurred to me that I need not exert myself as I am an American. All i need do is just purchase several guns and a few thousand rounds of ammo and cut those dirty bastards in half from a couple hundred yards away. No cleanup!!

Really the point of my story is...mind your own business, foreigner. :American flag:
    I only wish I had the good fortune to have a zombie apocalypse nearby, whiner.

8. Lounge   -   #5918
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened

Explain it to me.

Please be concise.
    That's a bit racist against Native Americans isn't it?

Oh wait you said concise.
    It occurs to me you may not be aware I live on the Keweenaw Bay Indian Reservation.

Interesting side-note-

The Father of Indian gaming in the U.S. is my deceased brother-in-law.

How cool is that?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. Lounge   -   #5919
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Then it occurred to me that I need not exert myself as I am an American. All i need do is just purchase several guns and a few thousand rounds of ammo and cut those dirty bastards in half from a couple hundred yards away. No cleanup!!
    Ah, thinning the herds. This city really needs patriots like you. Maybe I should send Biden an e-mail saying there's oil in my backyard...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. Lounge   -   #5920
    It occurs to me you may not be aware I live on the Keweenaw Bay Indian Reservation.
    My my, you really live on the rez! Respect.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."