Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do torrent sites lose their PayPal all the time?

spark's Avatar Super Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    I do not get it? maybe because I do not get the idea of receiving money via PayPal
    <NES> lol
    <NES> I download something from Napster
    <NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
    <NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
    <NES> "getting my song back fucker"

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    hagckz0r's Avatar Dreams Come True BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    you gave for yourself the answer :p
    I'll reply you like no one else

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    member who get banned file a refund claim. too many such claims will make paypal freeze the account. since torrent sites are illegal the changes of getting such frozen account back is almost zero.
    Last edited by mrnobody; 12-12-2010 at 02:49 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mrnobody View Post
    member who get banned file a refund claim. too many such claims will make paypal freeze the account. since torrent sites are illegal the changes of getting such frozen account back is almost zero.
    Pretty much this, according to my understanding.

There was a rather long thread about this, made some time ago...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    This is just one among many reasons why they may freeze the account. In fact it appears as if they find new reasons every time they decide to mess with you.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Recovery/Withdrawal issues in Paypal are usually due to not trusting why there is so much income on an account. At most they need confirmation that someone real is on the receiving end, or that the income is based off of legit means. In that case, explaining you run a google-like service is your best option. You may not gain anything from doing so, but hey, at least you tried.
    Ellipses go here.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    When you submit money to a site with Paypal isn't that gifting/donating? How can a person demand a refund or make a claim on that? That can't be the reason for losing Paypal access.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorRudenko View Post
    When you submit money to a site with Paypal isn't that gifting/donating? How can a person demand a refund or make a claim on that? That can't be the reason for losing Paypal access.
    buyer/donor is always right, that's the policy anyway.
    Last edited by mrnobody; 12-12-2010 at 09:11 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Slickerey's Avatar <3 FST BT Rep: +2
    buyer/donor is always right, that's the policy anyway.
    This.

SeX recently lost access to their PayPal account. Trackers can't use anything but PayPal unless their host accepts other methods of payment, such as AlertPay, Moneybookers, etc.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ScottK's Avatar Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    anything that doesnt provide ship # number / non-bills > lose claim / dispute
    maybe tracker should start make bills for donation?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast