Thread: pictures stopped showing in any browser

jokira247's Avatar MULTIMEDIA ADDICT BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    can anyone help me because this problem got really annoying i can't have a clue what's wrong pictures appear in the first time i open yahoo images after a restart but when i open the next page no images appears until i restart again i tried everything disabling the antivirus and clearing browser cash and cookies and i tried all browsers i also tried windows xp on vmware to be sure its not windows problem i can't know what is the problem

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Well, the fact a clean Windows install inside a VM has the same problem makes me think it's a network issue. Maybe your ISP uses a transparent caching proxy, and it's broken.

Does the issue persist when you use a proxy? (Try any one from proxy.org) Do you get a black window for some seconds if you go to Start -> Run, type telnet 1.1.1.1 80 and press Enter?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Well, the fact a clean Windows install inside a VM has the same problem makes me think it's a network issue. Maybe your ISP uses a transparent caching proxy, and it's broken.

Does the issue persist when you use a proxy? (Try any one from proxy.org) Do you get a black window for some seconds if you go to Start -> Run, type telnet 1.1.1.1 80 and press Enter?
    you are very right about the proxy all sites and pictures are appearing very fine when i use proxy but what is the problem in this case ?why can't i view pictures normally without proxy ?
    Last edited by jokira247; 12-22-2010 at 09:57 PM.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Maybe your ISP's using a transparent caching proxy, and it isn't working correctly, which causes that issue. My provider used to do the same, so most Web sites weren't accessible after midnight for some hours.

I'd recommend you try the Telnet test as I posted, to confirm that.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Maybe your ISP's using a transparent caching proxy, and it isn't working correctly, which causes that issue. My provider used to do the same, so most Web sites weren't accessible after midnight for some hours.

I'd recommend you try the Telnet test as I posted, to confirm that.
    I tried the run command and it bring a black window saying connecting to 1.1.1.1.... and after a while disappears

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    It's not a caching proxy, then. Which leaves me pretty clueless.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    update whatever browser you are using, find the cache files of browser and clean them by hand or bleachbit them(obsolete, since you did a the vm thingy)

a better test could be try a vps or proxy, itshidden offers free vps. Install it and try if your images work with it. What browser do you user? version? build?

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    I finally solved the problem the reason for all this mess was my router firewall it was blocking the images i have no clue why but when i disabled it everything worked very very fine.

I never though this problem can have anything to do with the router but thank god that i tried this idea.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jokira247 View Post
    I finally solved the problem the reason for all this mess was my router firewall it was blocking the images i have no clue why but when i disabled it everything worked very very fine.
    You should have told us you had a router.

I once had a similar problem with mine, if I loaded too many pages from the same site, the firewall would block it for five minutes.

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    Quote Originally Posted by jokira247 View Post
    I never though this problem can have anything to do with the router but thank god that i tried this idea.
    doesn't it always comes from the ones we suspect the least?