Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeding tips for Comcast Users?

I'm trying to get my ratio up on a few trackers but I'm not sure if it's comcasts sandvining or just the amount of seeders available. I've done a few tutorials for utorrent users to encrypt them and open them to unencrypted users etc but still no improvement. Anyone else in the same boat or have any tips?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by byrnesc1 View Post
    I'm trying to get my ratio up on a few trackers but I'm not sure if it's comcasts sandvining or just the amount of seeders available.
    You can tell if you pay some attention. If you begin uploading to someone and the transfer rate increases and then suddenly drops to zero, you're sandvined. I've heard Comcast mostly stopped doing that, though - which tracker are you having seeding problems on?

Anyway, you can try this, buy a VPN service, or rent a seedbox and have it do your torrenting for you.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I'm having trouble on waffles. I'm not sure if I'm just not picking up seeds or whats up. Anyways does that fix work on windows 7 or xp/vista only?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I'm having trouble on waffles. I'm not sure if I'm just not picking up seeds or whats up.
    Do you mean "not picking up leechers"?

Waffles is known to be hard to seed on. You'll have to upload your own albums and permanently seed anything to keep a good ratio there.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    I'm having trouble on waffles. I'm not sure if I'm just not picking up seeds or whats up.
    Do you mean "not picking up leechers"?

Waffles is known to be hard to seed on. You'll have to upload your own albums and permanently seed anything to keep a good ratio there.
    haha yeah I meant leechers, I realized that right after I posted it but had to run. Would you say waffles is harder to seed than say, what.cd? I've been uploading some albums but even then it's still hard to get people to leech, especially because I'm only uploading what's not on there, which isn't exactly the most popular or sought after albums. Appreciate the help though

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    haha yeah I meant leechers, I realized that right after I posted it but had to run. Would you say waffles is harder to seed than say, what.cd?
    What.cd may be slightly easier, because they have much more users than Waffles. They also have many seedboxers autodownloading new torrents that meet certain conditions (being released this year is one of them).

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Hmph, I tried for a while to get a what.cd invite and I was all but set to try the IRC interview when a waffles invite fell into my lap. At this point now, I'm just trying to contribute to the site in other ways (posting on the forums, uploading what I can, filling requests, etc)

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Just a note, I have comcast, and they have not been messing with my uploading for some time now, and only really did mess with it for like a month when they did.
    For me though, music specific sites have always been harder to seed at. I had both what and waffles, and found waffles very hard to seed at compared to what, and ended up with just what as my music tracker as a result.

Results may vary though

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Waddafocky's Avatar dvd BT Rep: +1
    +1 what is easier to seed at than waffles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast