Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New star wars film??

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    http://www.smh.com.au/news/film/luca...601625604.html

Lucas hints at another Star Wars film

George Lucas is set to make a "huge" announcement today, with rumours suggesting the director will announce plans for a new Star Wars film.

The news comes as celebrations begin around the world to mark the 30th anniversary of the first film.

Internet rumours suggest Lucas plans to make a new Star Wars movie set before the recent prequels.

According to Chris Brennan, a member the Australian Star Wars appreciation society attending the offcial convention Celebration IV in LA, Lucas let it slip that he was working on a new movie in a recent interview, then tried to cover it up.

The film is predicted to be set at the time of the Old Republic, when the Jedi regained control of the galaxy from the Dark Lords of the Sith.

Lucas has already confirmed a Star Wars live action TV series will begin filming in Australia next year.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    WHRST's Avatar immortalis BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    hmm... sounds interesting

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    I hope he bases it off already written material instead of writing it himself.

The film could be badass since there was a lot more Jedi/Sith fighting (due to there being a lot more Sith).

Did he hint it would be a Star Wars film or just any film?

I wish he'd do The New Jedi Order. That series had a very unique enemy that used living weapons and that hated technology.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    WHRST's Avatar immortalis BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

The film could be badass since there was a lot more Jedi/Sith fighting (due to there being a lot more Sith).

I wish he'd do The New Jedi Order. That series had a very unique enemy that used living weapons and that hated technology.
    the new jedi order? i never heard of it, is it anime?

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by WHRST View Post

It's a series of books. The enemy are the Yuuzhan Vong. They scar their face intentionally, have staff weapons that are stiffened snake-like creatures, pilot living ships, and can breath underwater with an animal they put on their face. There's also another that they put on their face that changes their appearance. One has been on the planet for a long time in disguise.

There is so much potential with the Vong that it's ridiculous but I don't think Lucas came up with it so it probably won't happen, the egotistical cunt.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Quote Originally Posted by WHRST View Post

It's a series of books. The enemy are the Yuuzhan Vong. They scar their face intentionally, have staff weapons that are stiffened snake-like creatures, pilot living ships, and can breath underwater with an animal they put on their face. There's also another that they put on their face that changes their appearance. One has been on the planet for a long time in disguise.

There is so much potential with the Vong that it's ridiculous but I don't think Lucas came up with it so it probably won't happen, the egotistical cunt.
    Nerd.

I've read'em too.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post

Nerd.

I've read'em too.
    Yeah I don't read much fiction....EVER.

However, I have read different Star Wars stories.

The Thrawn Trilogy was quite good also. I think I was just outta high school when that came out.

Dark Empire would be okay but the World Devastators would be kinda over the top.

It's a shame that Mark Hamill never got into to many mainstream movies after SW. He is actually a decent actor.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Thrawn Trilogy - great
    Thrawn Duology - (but it does have the chiss)

I liked Aaron Allston's books - he's funny and it made me feel like I was back in the movies. You should read this 2nd X-Wing series about Wraith Squad...the first was done by Stover and it's 'bout Rogue Squad which was good too.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    Thrawn Trilogy - great
    Thrawn Duology - (but it does have the chiss)

I liked Aaron Allston's books - he's funny and it made me feel like I was back in the movies. You should read this 2nd X-Wing series about Wraith Squad...the first was done by Stover and it's 'bout Rogue Squad which was good too.
    Yeah I'm in the process of collecting them all.

Shhh, I'm in the Science Fiction Book Club.

If you'd have ever met me you wouldn't figure me as being a member of such a thing.

It's really totally out of character.

There are some books that seem weird as fuck like some of those Lando Calrissian books.

However, I'm collect it and sit it on a book shelf. I haven't read all the New Jedi Order either.

Unfortunately, I know how it ends.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Yeah, the Lando books suck. I even think he smokes a cigarette in one too. It didn't seem like the SW universe at all, but the Han Solo trilogy by A.C. Crispin, I think it is, is well worth a read.

...and knowing the ending of NJO bah...early spoilers I was pissed when I heard about the Harry Potter one on book 6. Just about to finish the last book of tat series tonight i hope.

People are rather surprised when they see my collection of books too. We are who we are

(I hope they make more 'bout the early KotOR days Darth Bane - Path of Destruction was great which was done by a Bioware gent from the games)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast