Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: moving to usenet...

bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1

Heart

Well, after 2 weeks of thinking, I made my decision.. Now for me bittrrent is past & moving to usenet services.. (except for BCG, in which I'll continue to be active )
    Returned months ago in bt after almost 2 and half years , and looks like present bt is not a place for me...
    I hope there is no mod, admin, cheating shit in usenet.. (is there any??)
    I'm perfect n00b in this section..
    Looking for some legands in this section to guide me....

I used to spend $160/month in seedboxes, so, I can spend almost same amount here, akthough in the begining, for first 1 month or so, I would rather prefer some free providers (if there exist any) (kinda, trial offer).....

Hoping to start fresh...
    Last edited by bijoy; 01-10-2011 at 03:11 PM. Reason: <3
    Teh n00b.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    $160 a month?
    Man ,choose whatever usenet ISP you want. Start by looking around on our specials, it's a good starting point.

As for free services, you are limited on your DL speed and retention days. I suggest you to start with just4today and add a couple of IPv6 servers, which you can find how to tunnel to in our tutorials section.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    $160 a month?
    Man ,choose whatever usenet ISP you want. Start by looking around on our specials, it's a good starting point.

As for free services, you are limited on your DL speed and retention days. I suggest you to start with just4today and add a couple of IPv6 servers, which you can find how to tunnel to in our tutorials section.
    ok, then fr next 1-2 weeks I'll try those IPv6 servers
    After that I'll move to paid ones..
    Teh n00b.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    $160 a month?

++

@OP

Holy freaking jesus, $160/month, damn. You could get almost 5 Giganews Diamond accounts for that much. None of the bullshit associated with torrents applies to Usenet. You don't have to worry about ratios, stroking someones balls for favors, and other ridiculous crap. Anyway get a paid provider man if you had the money for a seedbox like that. You will be saving at least $130/month and you will always max out your bandwidth.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    sandman

I was thinking about giganews account for $25+$11 astraweb account =) to back up each other lol ... with THAT kind of money...
    or perhaps $11 supernews +11$ astraweb.. or just $11 astraweb+some block account
    Last edited by Hypatia; 01-10-2011 at 04:41 PM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    ScottK's Avatar Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    so you now can giver your seedbox to me for remaining month

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Can I comment on how you've been wasting so much money all this time, also?

If you know nothing about Usenet, Rart has made a great tutorial that will explain the basics. Here's the link.

There's a lot of useful threads in this section also, regarding free accounts, IPv6 tunnels and which paid provider you should choose.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman_1 View Post
    You will be saving at least $130/month and you will always max out your bandwidth.
    Sounds good.. (not for me, but for my gf, as she might have some better time )

Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    so you now can giver your seedbox to me for remaining month
    No, actually that is quite complicated.. I used to run my test sites in my dedis too.. So, I can't just abort them just now, and that changeover will take time.. rest of this month may be..

Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Can I comment on how you've been wasting so much money all this time, also?
    Actually I started thinking about that when I got banned in sdbits.. Then today, ptn followed the same rule, actually staff there don't even understand what is vpn/vps.
    So,
    Frankly saying anon, the ratio-master thingy is doing too much hram, for those who use it and also for those who use gbps seedbox.. Hery hard to differentiate between them..
    And I'm also tried of these new users in bt. When I left bt 4 years ago, I'd some friends.. All of them either left bt for ever or moved to usenet.. And they helped me to take the chanover decision too.
    If you know nothing about Usenet, Rart has made a great tutorial that will explain the basics. Here's the link.
    thanks for the link..

PS. Hope I'll not get banned in bcg soon, as I said earlier, that is the easiest tracker to seed back without a box and my home connection is good enough to do that ocesionally when I need some of the games..

edit: giganews diamond pla is awesome!!! I'll surely start using it soon.
    Last edited by bijoy; 01-10-2011 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Teh n00b.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    giganews diamond pla is awesome!
    Whats so awesome about it?

MIMO really sucks, trust me
    Its not worth your money , i wouldnt even use it if it was free

The only possible good thing there is VPN service.. but im not sure if it works OK

if you want giganews id stick to $25 plan tbh
    though in my opinion it would be beter to get $11 astraweb + block account( for instance 100 GB Block Account ($14.69 Non-Expiring)$0.15 / Gig!) and see how it goes

But its your choice)
    Last edited by Hypatia; 01-10-2011 at 09:12 PM.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    giganews diamond pla is awesome!
    Whats so awesome about it?

MIMO really sucks, trust me
    Its not worth your money , i wouldnt even use it if it was free

The only possible good thing there is VPN service.. but im not sure if it works OK

if you want giganews id stick to $25 plan tbh
    though in my opinion it would be beter to get $11 astraweb + block account( for instance 100 GB Block Account ($14.69 Non-Expiring)$0.15 / Gig!) and see how it goes

But its your choice)
    I'll try out everything you eolpe say before sticking to one particular plan..
    Teh n00b.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast