Thread: Astraweb billing

So my cc expired and I started getting notifications from astraweb to update my info. I followed the instructions and went to the payment site and nowhere was there a option to do this. I was getting spammed every day with notifications to update my billing until support responded. They had to close my account and instructed me to sign up again and send support my old id so they can manually create a new account.

Astraweb is great and they are helpful but their billing setup is very unimpressive. I might try frugal usenet that I read about here. 60 for a year plus a block account for stuff out of retention. To me this seems about the best deal right now. I wish astraweb still offered the unlimited plan for a year that was something like 90 dollars. Astraweb is great but their weird billing setup motivated me to check out something else.
    Last edited by Sporkk; 02-10-2011 at 03:21 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    I wish astraweb still offered the unlimited plan for a year
    click here
    Last edited by Hypatia; 02-10-2011 at 04:17 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Astraweb billing, in case you skipped by that, is all handled by 2checkout.com.

I ran into the same thing (changing CC) a year or so ago, and all it took was a quick call to them ( 877 phone number on their website) and a minute later, all changed up. I like talking to a real human when doing this kind of stuff, rather than doing it on the web or through email.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    I use the paypal billing method. In that way they don't have direct access to the CC, just update your paypal default account and things will keep working.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    thanks for the link to the yearly plan. I think astraweb is using something different than 2checkout now.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Its kinda strange. Sometimes you get to pay through billing X(i dont remember what it is called), next time you pay via 2checkout

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jedispork View Post
    I might try frugal usenet that I read about here. 60 for a year plus a block account for stuff out of retention. To me this seems about the best deal right now.
    Best decision I ever made mate. I keep up on things so much the low cost was a no brainer for me.