Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 51 torrent sites went down the drain today

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    In case someone missed the news, the full article is on our Home page.

Any news on the names of those taken down ?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post

If you have to ask then does it even matter?.They obviously weren't important.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    p3st's Avatar pest BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    don't know if it's related or not with the takedown , but ftn and bitsoup are down...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    FTN - Moving, will be back up ASAP.

Just to be clear, our email service was not taken down. As you can see, the server is still up (obviously).
    As of the moment, the site is actually still up, just not visible. This is why our IRC bot is still inviting to the channel.
    Stop freaking out, we're not going anywhere. We're just moving to a better setup since the old one is broken (should have the hardware soon) and we'll be back up to speed.
    All emails are safe.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by slocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post

If you have to ask then does it even matter?.They obviously weren't important.
    They were important to somebody idiot.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    VinX's Avatar ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post
    FTN - Moving, will be back up ASAP.

Just to be clear, our email service was not taken down. As you can see, the server is still up (obviously).
    As of the moment, the site is actually still up, just not visible. This is why our IRC bot is still inviting to the channel.
    Stop freaking out, we're not going anywhere. We're just moving to a better setup since the old one is broken (should have the hardware soon) and we'll be back up to speed.
    All emails are safe.
    FTN Ain't gone ... pff..

and the ones i use aren't gone.. so i dont really care about those 50 sites. .. ..

Making trackers are childs play in this world... rent a box and setup a tracker.. its that easy

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Waddafocky's Avatar dvd BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by VinX View Post

Making trackers are childs play in this world... rent a box and setup a tracker.. its that easy
    I didn't see you saying that in the FSC birthday thread...

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    "An Avatar", not "A Avatar".

On topic, this and the recent google instant results decision have me disconcerted, though in fairness, I have yet to figure out any sites that are down as a result of this particular "move" but it's a open declaration of war from the Maafia. Beyond that, the newest version of the Kill Switch act that just got revived is even more draconian that the original, and removes judicial review from the process of which sites/servers fall under the banner of imminent threat to the national e-infrastructure. Nations all over the planet have been engaging in questionable censorship activities on a local level, so I am forced to ask myself, how long before these measures become global? Like "UN"(lol, united, right) mandated, which would introduce a whole new scary ass realm of internet control, as well as social control.

/tinfoil hat part of the post

I guess my biggest question is, is this just the tip of the iceberg? Or just another ice cube we are supposed to think is the end of the world as we know it?
    Last edited by Intr4ns1t; 01-28-2011 at 03:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Waddafocky's Avatar dvd BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post
    "An Avatar", not "A Avatar".
    I just KNEW someone would say that... Fixed.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    And here I thought you were gonna excuse it by saying you meant "A James Cameron's Avatar"...
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast