Thread: Usenext escapee needs help

Ok so I signed up for usenext last year before I knew anything and after almost three months I finally cancelled my credit card to get away from them ....

Anyway I need some help.

I just signed up for the astraweb unlimited plan and downloaded a program called android. I also figured out how to use newzleech to search for and save a NZB file.

My main question is should I be using android or is there something better? It dosent seem to be running nearly as fast as my usenext account did.

Thanks!
    Josh

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    newsgroupie
    You must have found Android by googling - I've rarely seen it ever mentioned in the NZB community. I used Android years ago. As I recall, back then it was one of the first binary newsclients to natively support SSL connections. (Otherwise, you needed an add-on like Stunnel to connect to SSL servers) Although still perfectly usable as an NZB downloader, Android has become a little outdated now, since it lacks some of the more modern automated features like auto-rar/auto-par and backup-server support. At least it's free (nagware)

regarding speed: All binary newsreaders will download at the same speed (and will max out your ISP connection speed) if set up correctly. On many newsreaders, the default setting is often only one connection/stream/thread. I bet that's why Android is slow for you. To get maximum download speed, you need to increase this number to at least 3 to 5 streams - or possibly more (Astraweb allows up to 20 streams)

As far as choosing binary news clients goes, lot depends on how you use Usenet, how advanced of a newsgroup user you are, what features you want, and how well you learn new things. (software with the most options, setting choices and features will naturally have the longest learning curve) Would you prefer software that's simple to use or a client packed with lots of features?

The Usenext newsreader can be considered a sort of all-in-one client, since unlike many binary grabbers it has a thumbnail image viewer and media player integrated (instead of having to install a separate piece of software) but everything that Usenext does -and a lot more- can be found in other software apps and online websites.

Some popular binary clients are Newsleecher, Newsbin, Altbinz, Grabit, and SabNZBd. There is also NZBPlayer (and its many clones) for streaming video from usenet.

Have you read this recent discussion thread about news clients?

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-new...readers-352679

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Hey Joshman1204,

How did you escape from UseNext? Lately, UseNext has been annoying me alot.
    Please let me know.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    Quote Originally Posted by joshman1204 View Post
    Ok so I signed up for usenext last year before I knew anything and after almost three months I finally cancelled my credit card to get away from them ....

Anyway I need some help.

I just signed up for the astraweb unlimited plan and downloaded a program called android. I also figured out how to use newzleech to search for and save a NZB file.

My main question is should I be using android or is there something better? It dosent seem to be running nearly as fast as my usenext account did.

Thanks!
    Josh
    Newsbin Pro 5.35 is the best nzb downloader i ever used(and only working crack for this program)
    Pimpn aint easy ®

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    newsgroupie
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDOSE View Post
    Newsbin Pro 5.35 is the best nzb downloader i ever used(and only working crack for this program)
    Which build? Whose release? Does the search engine work?

v.5.35 goes back almost 2 years, it's surprising that there are no working releases since then.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by HypeRUpgradE View Post
    How did you escape from UseNext? Lately, UseNext has been annoying me alot.
    Can't you just ignore there e-mails, or mark them as spam so you never see them again?! It is surely what they deserve.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    newsgroupie
    They deserve more than just being ignored. People have been complaining about UseneXT's antics for years, and maybe if more people would report them to the proper authorities (instead of just explaining their troubles on message boards) UseneXT might be forced to clean up their act.

Far too many companies act this way because they know that most customers will just walk away and do nothing, instead of fighting back.