Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: utorrent and site problems

Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    When my utorrent is open I can't load any sites but when it's closed it works better much better . I mention that I have : Vista OS and the latest version for utorrent . What should I do ?

Sorry if the post was made in the wrong section

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Ahmed047's Avatar cardiologist BT Rep: +3
    check this :
    http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992

SLOW / INTERRUPTED INTERNET CONNECTION OR OFFLINE TRACKERS while µTorrent is running

• COMMON PROCEDURES (reiterated just to be sure)
    • Restart µTorrent, your computer, modem, and/or router after performing any of the suggestions below
    • Try using Switeck's conservative settings
    • Try lowering net.max_halfopen to 8 or lower (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)
    • Try disabling IP resolving in the Peers tab's context menu
    • Try disabling DHT (Can be found in Preferences > BitTorrent)
    • Try disabling UPnP and NAT-PMP (Can be found in Preferences > Connection)
    • Try disabling peer.resolve_country if it isn't already set to false (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)
    • Try lowering maximum global number of connections to 200? 100? 50? Lower? (Can be found in Preferences > Bandwidth)
    • Try patching TCPIP.sys (Windows XP w/ SP2, Windows 2003 w/ SP1, or newer)? Windows Vista users can try this out, but no guarantees are made. Users not on Windows XP w/ SP2, Windows 2003 w/ SP1, Windows Vista, or newer can skip this step.
    • Connect your computer directly to the modem to make sure the problem is not caused by the router
    Last edited by Ahmed047; 03-13-2009 at 08:01 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i don't have router or modem :| cable connection

and this thing happend only after i installed vista ( 5 days ago ) and never had any problems like this before
    Last edited by Swift; 03-13-2009 at 08:43 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    no_bother's Avatar Village Troll BT Rep: +4
    Naix, I had the same problem when I installed vista. I lived with it for a while, resetting my router daily, in the end I just reformatted my PC and that sorted it :/

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Working fine here. I have vista and a cable modem. Do yourself a favor and go buy a router. Only thing I did special was disable ipv6 on my computer, and turn off windows firewall.
    Last edited by Tokeman; 03-14-2009 at 12:28 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Naix View Post
    When my utorrent is open I can't load any sites but when it's closed it works better much better . I mention that I have : Vista OS and the latest version for utorrent . What should I do ?

Sorry if the post was made in the wrong section
    Some time ago I got mad about this and decided to search for a solution... Here the problem was my NOD32, easy problem to solve once you find where the it is.

It's all explained in this thread here:

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-gui...firefox-309598

hope you find a solution there!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I got back to windows XP sp2 !

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Naix View Post
    I got back to windows XP sp2 !
    without even trying any one of those solutions?

I would call it the second hardest way to solve the problem... the first one would be format the pc

but ok, it that's good for you

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    You should have tried:

Try lowering net.max_halfopen to 8 or lower (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)
    If I'm not wrong, uTorrent would use up all your TCP half open connections and leave none for your browser if you've set it way high.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    I managed to solve the problem with the format and YES I've try'ed those settings and didn't work .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast