Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GOEM -or- PtP

Col. Skillz's Avatar Bacco,Tabacco,Venere
    Anyone know if one is better than the other? just out of curiosity. they seem like standard movie trackers to me, with similar amounts of torrents and users, but idk

are there any fundamental differences?
    Last edited by Col. Skillz; 06-08-2009 at 01:53 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Goem has one of the cleanest communities with active forums and helpful members.
    Their FLS system is pretty innovative, and seeding is pretty easy.
    They also have Freeleech torrents in the form of MOTWs, which is a great way to boost your ratio.

PTP is a good if you love gazelle. They have a decent selection of torrents, but are prone to DB losses and associated probs.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I fail to see how free leech slots are innovative, but they are definitely something I appreciate.

Biggest difference imo is the coding, and that goem is an established tracker while the other one is still young.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    PtP has plenty of free leech torrents, too, and a bonus system. It's not the easiest site to seed on, but it's pretty doable, not just for those reasons.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Col. Skillz's Avatar Bacco,Tabacco,Venere
    well, assuming you have the HDD space, ptp can get you massive bonus points

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    both good. i download from ptp more often

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    I fail to see how free leech slots are innovative, but they are definitely something I appreciate.

Biggest difference imo is the coding, and that goem is an established tracker while the other one is still young.
    goem and What seem to be on good terms too if I'm not wrong.

I myself don't really ask for much eye candy in the tracker since you're there to download stuffs and share your view on forum thread, and goem suits me perfectly fine!

Custom stylesheet(s) are loved though.
    Back after going through many ordeals of paying for my internet.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I agree to most that's been said already, but I have one question for the OP: What about TC? They're also right up there.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Louie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I fail to see how free leech slots are innovative, but they are definitely something I appreciate
    Since you have to be PU to use them are pretty useless for someone that have a slow connection and just registered.

More users and movies on PTP,regarding content PTP have more scene rls and Hollywood movies in different quality while on goem you'll find some rare or foreign movies and tv shows too.

Keep your signature in old sanskrit please.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    goem, no question. One of the best communities anywhere. The site itself is top notch, the coders really pour their blood, sweat and tears into it. I've been there a long time, and they've always impressed me.

PTP is mediocre at best. Their collections are stoopid (films featuring cats, films on a farm), they've taken the tools that gazelle offers and made it a complete waste of time. I get the distinct impression that they don't really know what they're doing with the gazelle (don't ask me to back this up, its just a sneaking suspicion)
    They've got a couple of good staffers over there, but god knows why.

If you want to go with straight numbers, then rarbg or zamunda (or TPB) is what you're looking for, but comparing these two is an insult to goem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast