Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVD Question

RoSsoNeRI's Avatar LoUiS VuiTtoN DoN BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Hey guys,

I have a question. I have a movie I want to download, its 720p.HDDVD.x264.mkv (4.37gb)

My question is if I download this movie and burn it on a DVD, would I be able to play it in my DVD player??

Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    You will need a program to convert the .mkv to a dvd file and then you can burn and watch on your dvd player. Go here to learn how to do this.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/arch...h_freeware.cfm

A wise man gives advice, but a wiser man learns from it and uses it. Smart people learn from others mistakes. The blessing is on the other side of your tribulation.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    RoSsoNeRI's Avatar LoUiS VuiTtoN DoN BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    It's possible tho right?? I asked cuz 720p HDDVD is high definition and I am not sure if you could play that on your standard DVD player

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by RoSsoNeRI View Post
    It's possible tho right?? I asked cuz 720p HDDVD is high definition and I am not sure if you could play that on your standard DVD player

Yep it will be fine...The encoded Hi Def is the way they encode the DVD when it's made, after it is ripped and you download it your DVD maker program will encode it to a standard viewable format so you can view it in your DVD player...

After you convert it to a format your DVD program can read just to let you know...Like avi,vob,blahblahbalh

A wise man gives advice, but a wiser man learns from it and uses it. Smart people learn from others mistakes. The blessing is on the other side of your tribulation.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by boodaddymac View Post
    You will need a program to convert the .mkv to a dvd file and then you can burn and watch on your dvd player. Go here to learn how to do this.

Not necessarily. It depends on the player.

What DVD player do you own, Rossoneri?

yo

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    If you convert .mkv to avi, or mov and burn to dvd it will work fine. If you have burnt other dvd's and they have played in your dvd player you wont have a problem. I got a cheap $40.00 Apex dvd player and I have never had a problem.

After you convert to a format your dvd maker software can read you're all good.
    Last edited by boodaddymac; 12-27-2007 at 06:41 AM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boodaddymac View Post

umm just a standard DVD player man, the one's that play DVD's

I don't have a HD DVD or a Blu-Ray player

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

They're all different.

If this were a computer problem and I asked the specs of your computer, would you say, "It's a normal one"?

yo

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Just try it. If anything you will be out 1 DVD. Then you will know for the future if it will work or not. It's not like it will blow up your DVD player if it doesn't work.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    wrongun92's Avatar Love Life BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8

perhaps the brand and model # would help here

To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast