Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is 1.6.1 banned? on tti and other trackers

Blackbeard's Avatar <3 rock BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I found out utorrent 1.7.7 was bought by media defeater i guess and now utorrent 1.6.1 is banned on trackers like tti and few others any reason why?.. even it from what i heard can be crashed..

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    juss use 1.7.7 who honestly cares.
    i like skittles.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearful View Post
    I found out utorrent 1.7.7 was bought by media defeater i guess and now utorrent 1.6.1 is banned on trackers like tti and few others any reason why?.. even it from what i heard can be crashed..
    No, it was bought by bittorrent inc. Who've done their best to cock up various builds of 1.7, but nobody has any actual evidence of them doing anything deliberately malicious with the client.

Anyway, 1.6.1 is not banned on many trackers. None that I use in fact. Neither should it be, its the most stable and trusted torrent client ever produced. Imo.

A few sites banned it when the latest security flaw was found in the 1.7x series, utorrent devs encouraged people to think 1.6.1 had the same issues, then admitted it didn't later on; most sites unbanned it after that but some never did.

I guess some sites also just want their users using the latest version of clients for whatever reason. You'd really need to ask the admin on those sites why they don't allow it.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +5
    i know even utorrent 1.77 ban in one trackets

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    goodboss's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +3
    and what is the problem with you ?!

just use 1.7

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    ye i was wondering whut 1.6.1 was banned, but i was not too fussed i just went with the latest most stable one, as long as im using utorrent im not bothered,

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Blackbeard's Avatar <3 rock BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdIrish View Post
    No, it was bought by bittorrent inc. Who've done their best to cock up various builds of 1.7, but nobody has any actual evidence of them doing anything deliberately malicious with the client.

Anyway, 1.6.1 is not banned on many trackers. None that I use in fact. Neither should it be, its the most stable and trusted torrent client ever produced. Imo.

A few sites banned it when the latest security flaw was found in the 1.7x series, utorrent devs encouraged people to think 1.6.1 had the same issues, then admitted it didn't later on; most sites unbanned it after that but some never did.

I guess some sites also just want their users using the latest version of clients for whatever reason. You'd really need to ask the admin on those sites why they don't allow it.
    Ah was not sure, didn't know if they added some kind of spy crap in it..

Quote Originally Posted by goodboss View Post
    and what is the problem with you ?!

just use 1.7
    Didn't want to if it was bought by media defeater if they added a backdoor or something.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    GXice's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Didn't want to if it was bought by media defeater if they added a backdoor or something.
    Rest assured they haven't.
    Eventually, a person who wears two faces forgets which one is real.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    not again with all this false shity rumors...

1.6.1 is pretty old client

use 177 but probably in few days the new 1.8 version will be released or u can download utorrent 1.8 RC 6

no one use anymore 1.6 version

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    i still use 1.6.1^^ always works quite well..
    couldnt say that about the 1.7.x versions in my case, so why should i upgrade?
    and as long as my favourite trackers dont ban 1.6.1 i wont change to another client..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast