Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OrlyDB - Download Files From It

fileshatra's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Hi guys, if i go on this scene site:

http://orlydb.com/

there's Muchest stuff, but i can't download nothing!

Once time i click on "download", it reports me always to "usenet.nl"

I have usent but i don't know how download these files, then, i checked this "usenet.nl" on the net and i discovered that's a scammer site.

How i download all those files?
    Last edited by fileshatra; 03-09-2011 at 03:20 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fileshatra View Post
    i checked this "usenet.nl" on the net and i discovered that's a scammer site.
    And how did you come to this decision?

Back on topic, you can download those files from any usenet servers around. Just get the .nzb file and you are done.
    Teh n00b.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    As far as I know, ORLYDB is just a pre database and you can't download "from" it. Look for the releases' name elsewhere if you want the files.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    So, repeat i read on internet that's "usenet.nl" is a scammer site.

Then, i can't download much files cuz i can't find it anywhere else!

For example: Hawaii.Five.0.S01E01.Aloha.Steve.McGarrett.GERMAN.DUBBED.DL.WS.720p.HDTV.x264-euHD

This file there's but i can't download it cuz i can't find it!! (and much other stuff new or old).
    Last edited by fileshatra; 03-09-2011 at 08:39 PM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Do you understand how usenet works? Do you have a usenet client and NSP?

http://www.slyck.com/Newsgroups_Guide

Quote Originally Posted by fileshatra View Post
    So, repeat i read on internet that's "usenet.nl" is a scammer site.

Then, i can't download much files cuz i can't find it anywhere else!

For example: Hawaii.Five.0.S01E01.Aloha.Steve.McGarrett.GERMAN.DUBBED.DL.WS.720p.HDTV.x264-euHD

This file there's but i can't download it cuz i can't find it!! (and much other stuff new or old).

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    You should really check our concise guide to usenet. https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/3...uide-to-usenet

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Judging from a couple of threads fileshatra has started in the Newsgroups section, I'd say he's familiar with at least the basics of Usenet and NZBs.

It'd appear to me that the "DL" buttons on ORLYDB are referral links that redirect you to Usenet.nl's frontpage, the site's owner getting something in return every time someone clicks. Usenet.nl per se isn't a "scam" just because of that.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    newsgroupie
    The sites that advertise the most widely (outside of NZB sites) - Usenext, Binverse, and Usenet.nl - are notorious for ripping people off -- at least according to the mountain of complaints that have been posted all over the internet for years.

It might not be an outright *scam* per se, but do you really want to deal with companies that use deceptive advertising, trickery, use of shills, threats, and "brass-knuckle" tactics against their customers. These companies try to sucker trial users into a yearly prepaid subscription, then refuse to let users out of it. If a user dares to fight back and refuses to pay or does a charge-back, then they have been known to send collection agencies to hunt them down and harass and threaten them.

https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/3...is-a-SCAM-!-!-!

http://www.usenetshack.com/usenext-s...enet-provider/

Usenext and Usenet.nl are the same company.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    In short, Usenext is full of shit. That's what I suspected since I first saw the advertising tactics zot mentioned (pop-ups, pop-unders, huge banners, referral links), and back then I didn't even know what Usenet was.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Like i said, Usenext is a shit, scamemr site. The best are Giganews and Astraweb (this last one VERY great!).

However now we are a bit off topic, so how i download those files if i can't find 'em anywhere? (But they exsist however!)
    Last edited by fileshatra; 03-10-2011 at 10:43 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast