Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Optiarc drive help

Ok so I installed the burner but, its soooo slow. Just checked Newegg and one of the reviews says these drives dont get along with Dell's. It should be the 2nd one down. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827152076

Anyways, the jumpers set to cable select. Whenever I try to burn something it takes like an hour. Should I change the DMA/PIO settings? What gives?

Thx 4 the help,

NEC.de says to install as secondary with jumper set to master.

oh yea, Optiarc's website sux and Sony acts as thought they've never heard of the company.. eventhough its 55% Sony
    Last edited by ram82082; 04-09-2007 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Is it DMA or PIO?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by ram82082 View Post
    That can't be right.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    That can't be right.
    What's wrong with that? Sounds right to me. Master on the Secondary IDE Channel.

-----

DMA needs to be enabled. What are the settings in Device Manager>IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers>Secondary IDE Channel>Advanced Settings?

What does it show in: Current Transfer Mode:

Is that the only drive on that IDE channel?

Is it connected with an 80 conductor IDE cable?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Virt.. it still says "n/a", yup only 1 drive on secondary, and yup 80 cable. bout to change to master. and see if that works
    Last edited by ram82082; 04-10-2007 at 05:10 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    What about Device 0 on secondary?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    device 0 & 1 both said n/a.. now it says dma if avail. but it keeps saying "windows installed... software needs restart..."

aight well it stopped that restart crap but now neither drive works... should i put the cd-rom on slve

its cool i just switched 'em dvd burner set at master cd at cbl select... thx though
    Last edited by ram82082; 04-10-2007 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    can I curse? FUCK!
    device 0 & 1 both said n/a.. now it says dma if avail. but it keeps saying "windows installed... software needs restart..."

aight well it stopped that restart crap but now neither drive works... should i put the cd-rom on slve

its cool i just switched 'em dvd burner set at master cd at cbl select... thx though
    Lol you should really put "Edit:" when you edit your post for updates so we know what is going on Lol. Glad to see you got it working though.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Virt.. it still says "n/a", yup only 1 drive on secondary, and yup 80 cable. bout to change to master. and see if that works
    but now neither drive works... should i put the cd-rom on slve

04-10-07 01:14 PM
    It seems to me that you mention 2 drives in the last post. How is that possible when you said that there was only 1 drive earlier?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast