Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to Usenet...finding/requesting files?

I just made the switch to Usenet from torrents today, and was wondering how to find/request certain files. For instance, I'm trying to find several episodes of The Office (episodes 5 & 7-11 of season 5), and can't seem to find them anywhere. How do I go about finding them or requesting that they be posted?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    newsgroupie
    I think you might find them here: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-tv-nzbs-120/

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    I think you might find them here: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-tv-nzbs-120/
    I did try that first, and got

This NZB is no longer active (deleted from our servers).
    Try searching for a newer posting of it used the search link at the top of this page.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Well then go to Binsearch.info, or Newzleech or Bintube and search that file name, then check the files you want, crate nzb and then download.
    [center]

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    newsgroupie
    Sorry, I didn't realize that FST's NZB retention is still only 100 days.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Well then go to Binsearch.info, or Newzleech or Bintube and search that file name, then check the files you want, crate nzb and then download.
    Thanks! What do I do if I'm still unable to find a file? For instance, I'm unable to find episode 5 of season 5 of The Office; it'll come up when using one of the search engines, but it's apparently no longer being hosted on the servers anywhere (Grabit tries for awhile and then says "Article not found").

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias777 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Thanks! What do I do if I'm still unable to find a file? For instance, I'm unable to find episode 5 of season 5 of The Office; it'll come up when using one of the search engines, but it's apparently no longer being hosted on the servers anywhere (Grabit tries for awhile and then says "Article not found").

http://binsearch.info/?q=The+Office+...ge=240&server=

Says 172 days old, and SS shows it's complete..so as long as you use Astraweb or Giganews, this NZB is complete.

[center]

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    I suppose I must be doing something wrong, then. Here's what I get whenever I tried to download those files earlier (more than once).

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Usually you have to request on IRC.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias777 View Post
    I suppose I must be doing something wrong, then. Here's what I get whenever I tried to download those files earlier (more than once).

I think the problem is that the retention on your usenet server is not that great. If you had Astraweb or Giganews you should be ok or any service with about 200 days of retention anyways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast