Thread: Nobody reads anything anymore

Arrow

"Nobody reads anything anymore"?

On the radio today: "1 in 3 British 14-year-olds isn't up to the required reading standard".

So don't be surprised, dude!

I used to teach adult literacy and when I started teaching, I *was* surprised.

I wasn't surprised by the time I finished teaching, though.

I guess everyone thinks they deserve instant gratification AND tolerance of thier mistakes while learning. What a combination!

2. Lounge   -   #2

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    ...sigh...

When are they gonna invent the goddamn Universal Translator?

And I'm getting pretty pissed off waiting for flying cars, too!

Ah well. Next Time I'll pay more attention to my foreign language classes...
    Babelfish, or even the translator on the Google personalised home page, aren't bad. Though they do make the odd hilarious cock-up.

I guess that's how wars start

Reckon the "flying cars" bit was in rather poor taste what with old Richard Hammond taking a harsh rocket-propelled ding in his motor yesterday and all that, though

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by PJWomble View Post

Reckon the "flying cars" bit was in rather poor taste what with old Richard Hammond taking a harsh rocket-propelled ding in his motor yesterday and all that, though
    You bumped a thread where the last post was made in made in 2002, and then you complain it's in bad taste because of something that happened two days ago

Are you a mental at all?