Thread: new connection, settings changes?

Hi,
    I have changed my connection to an 8MB ADSL one.
    I am wondering if there are any tweaks/changes I can make to the registry etc to make the fullest use of this?
    Also, when I connect, the ISP's homepage seems to open by default, can this be stopped?
    Thanks

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    FreeDoom's Avatar Obsessed By Cruelty
    Quote Originally Posted by timfromspaced View Post
    Hi,
    I have changed my connection to an 8MB ADSL one.
    I am wondering if there are any tweaks/changes I can make to the registry etc to make the fullest use of this?
    Also, when I connect, the ISP's homepage seems to open by default, can this be stopped?
    Thanks
    You can use TCP Optimizer or Cfos to tweak your connection.
    What browser are you using? you should be able to change from the ISP homepage in Options > General > Homepage.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Thanks Bodygard for your help.
    I use i.e.
    The homepage hadn't been changed but it was still doing it. However, I changed my modem driver from the ones the ISP sent me to the ones on Alcatels homepage and that problem is gone.
    TCP Optimiser dosnt seem very clear on which values I should use for my specific connection

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    FreeDoom's Avatar Obsessed By Cruelty
    Quote Originally Posted by timfromspaced View Post
    Thanks Bodygard for your help.
    I use i.e.
    The homepage hadn't been changed but it was still doing it. However, I changed my modem driver from the ones the ISP sent me to the ones on Alcatels homepage and that problem is gone.
    TCP Optimiser dosnt seem very clear on which values I should use for my specific connection
    Ok, use Cfosspeed instead. It'll set mtu optimum size and has lots of options. Also is user friendly.

Be cool