Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sceners Threaten to Destroy BitTorrent, "One Step at a Time"

Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    "SuperTorrents recently fell victim to an attack by alleged ‘Scene’ members who revealed the site owner’s identity. Further action was promised against torrent sites and today another tracker admin’s life has been turned upside down. The attacker’s message: "Destroying The P2P’s, One Step at a Time""

"At the end of last year we reported on the unfortunate fate of Ersan, the administrator of SuperTorrents. He suffered multiple security breaches which revealed his identity along with the loss of $2000 in donations. Scene notices (text files carrying news/other info) carried lots of the gory details, with one ending in a threat: "cellkill is next".

It seems that "cellkill" - the administrator of F******.net (also known as FTN) has become the group’s latest BitTorrent victim, exactly as promised. In yet another notice with the header "Destroying The P2Ps, One Step at a Time", part of the justification for the attack reads...[See below]"

Source: Full Article @ TorrentFreak
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 04-11-2008 at 02:27 PM.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by torrentfreak
    His Torrent site steals thousands after thousands of releases from the scene, and then he has the nerve to go and say to other P2P’s STOP STEALING RELEASES FROM US?!??!?"
    I find it somewhat amusing that people in the scene would be advocating against stealing.
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    The "scene" really does have a dislike for p2p. It lets the masses in on what they are doing and makes them a much bigger target for law enforcement than in the past.
    I don't think those in the "scene" are behind this, but I'm sure it puts a smile on their face.
    Last edited by Broken; 01-07-2008 at 07:20 PM.

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Ac3Dunk's Avatar S.O.P-Laf BT Rep: +5
    It doesnt make sense for me his info been leaked to wiki a long time ago they just copy and paste.

Its horrible you may lose your life if his identify been revealed to RIAA/MPAA.
    Last edited by Ac3Dunk; 01-07-2008 at 07:46 PM.
    #zEdit; FST is bad, it's like drugs. Mkay?

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    Morgoth's Avatar The Great Enemy BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by pro267 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by torrentfreak
    His Torrent site steals thousands after thousands of releases from the scene, and then he has the nerve to go and say to other P2P’s STOP STEALING RELEASES FROM US?!??!?"
    I find it somewhat amusing that people in the scene would be advocating against stealing.
    Well said.

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    AmpeD's Avatar the o'lol factor BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ac3Dunk View Post
    Its horrible you may lose your life if his identify been revealed to RIAA/MPAA.

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    No. He's probably not talking about death there, AmpeD.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    The "scene" really does have a dislike for p2p. It lets the masses in on what they are doing and makes them a much bigger target for law enforcement than in the past.
    I don't think those in the "scene" are behind this, but I'm sure it puts a smile on their face.
    Of course it's people in the "scene" , who else would it be?

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    Lets hack the scene and reveal their names and credit card numbers

Who's with me

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Diiyad View Post
    Of course it's people in the "scene" , who else would it be?
    there are others who would want to fuck with Brandon...like the people that hacked his accounts a while back.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast