Page 74 of 740 FirstFirst ... 24647172737475767784124174574 ... LastLast

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    If you want to buy somewhere to live in England you have to somehow make it to your 30s with no debt and have a relative die and leave you money. I don't have either of those but the misses has one of them

2. Lounge   -   #732
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    What's this weird £ thing?
    Geez, considering it's London you'd think they'd at least speak English.
    They do just not the English from the American side

There houses have increased pretty much like here, they have increases have changed from doubling in 10 years to between 7-8. But you still have to consider borrowing rates, as long as the interest rates are low and inventory of houses on the market are low as well prices will rise in demanding areas a bit faster..

Like the removing the capital gains tax for home purchases under $350,000 and doubling it for houses over a million, who is that helping in main Ontario cities??
    The big problem people don't comprehend... If you sell your house and you get a really good buck, do you thing when you want to upgrade the seller isn't thinking the same??
    I can tell you when i can finally get rid of my dependents, my wife and i well end up in a 2+ bedroom condo here and a 2 bedroom in a nice sunny place all year round for the winter hibernation
    And which ever one i Die in will be just fine for me....

I can tell you the cost of living in Florida, if you take out the personal shopping, is cheaper even with the dollar difference, and as long as you can keep the health insurance you have to purchase low when you live in the Great and wonderful USA, it will be just fine for me

Oh!! and my wife

3. Lounge   -   #733
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    If you want to buy somewhere to live in England you have to somehow make it to your 30s with no debt and have a relative die and leave you money. I don't have either of those but the misses has one of them
    I am in a different position Mulder, but for sure i can see that, because here it would be tough to do it, unless you start off in a Condo first and then try to move up..
    But you have to look at reality as well, most Husbands/Wives Girlfriend/Boyfriend work so you are looking at more than the 30s with two incomes.
    It is always said it is the biggest one time purchase/ investment of your life not counting the pounds of weed (just kidding)

But i would also assume there is nice places on the outskirts as well to live that decreases the cost a bit??
    Last edited by shaina; 11-26-2016 at 10:43 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #734
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I thought condos were things of luxuary? They're what rich people live in in merkin films?

5. Lounge   -   #735
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    I thought condos were things of luxuary? They're what rich people live in in merkin films?
    Ya Mulder but not all of them are expensive, and it depends where they are located
    If you want to use America (Florida) for an example, if you want to be on the ocean a condo can cost $400,000 to 20 million and if you go across the street off the ocean you can get for say $300,000 to 10 million depending on the size and floor.

In Ontario Canada it would be the same location or demand on location dictates property value, and that would be the same for you i would assume...

use as an instance a condo in my area may go for $350,000 for 600sq feet if you go to downtown Toronto that same condo will be $500,000 plus.

My mother-in laws condo in Florida is inland and on a golf course, and lets say valued at $350,000, now drive 15-20 min south and you are looking at $550,000 to get the same size, but everything goes up as well like your monthly maintenance..

I really don't know are condos popular where you live Mulder?? Here they go up like shitting Bananas !!! If you think about it land is expensive so building up means way more profit to the builder, and the city as well (taxes heat hydro)

6. Lounge   -   #736
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Here is a great example of Florida..

This is a new condo that was built in Sunny Isles (Just north of Miami)
    Attachment 172891

My neighbor stays in a frugal style hotel (religious and there is a synagogue in it) i saw that condo being built over a few years, it is the Porsche tower and you can bring your car or suv (which you get with the purchase) right to your condo floor by private elevator. He stays at a reasonable price right next to a condo that costs in the high millions to buy, plus another condo next to that one each floor is a dwelling and the outside balcony goes all the way around, if i remember they started at 8 million

It really is incredible how the rich and corrupt live (no one who make money legit/honest can afford them LOL!!!)..

When i am ready to buy i will be a wee bit north for my price range
    Last edited by shaina; 11-26-2016 at 11:37 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #737
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post

Right, a burd you fancied, gotcha.
    Yeah beautiful blonde Kraut girl she was too.
    I assume you wood.

8. Lounge   -   #738
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Eye know, wright?
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Lounge   -   #739
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Eye know, wright?

10. Lounge   -   #740
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post

You couldn't fight the zoning Idol??
    I bark much worse thatn I bite. Might be that couples dream home that they've been saving years for for all know. Would be truly petty to deprive anyone of that just because I prefer it to be a bit more tranquil.
    Play Satanic death metal through a loudspeaker aimed directly at them. Or mix your own messages that suggest clearly that the most popular children's characters are dead. The daycare will decide that outside playtime is NOT a good idea.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.