Page 469 of 743 FirstFirst ... 369419459466467468469470471472479519569 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,690 of 7428

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Your bike parts were used to rebuild Stehl's hip-- say what you will, he glides downhill like an Olympian!

Ah, it could be worse.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. Lounge   -   #4682
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    What's that I hear... the ice is starting to crack.... Ohhhh Noooo!

(Sez,"Can't say I didn't warn yea, ya know,..." High 5's Meg "...but as long as your down there I'll have another pint of that Moosehead Lager."

(Wishes now to start drinking.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 06-25-2020 at 02:39 AM. Reason: A closet intervention? Will they serve more beer?
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

3. Lounge   -   #4683
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    The power of suggestion (or just proof of my imperfect mind)...

I grabbed the BluRay release of "Buster" the other day and thought to myself, watch it with the kids, and before you do, watch that old black n' white "The Great Train Robbery" movie with them so they have some historical context.

I am absolutely 100% sure that I had watched that movie in the past. Except... I can't find it, and Wikipedia basically tells me it doesn't exist.

Odd.

4. Lounge   -   #4684
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I've seen this one with Sean Connery and notably written by Michael Crichton. Obviously not based on the 1963 crime. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079240/.

There is a 2013 BBC production that originally aired as a two part miniseries that's out there on blu-ray if you want a nod to historical accuracy. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2763296/
    The only black and white version seems to be the old 1903 one which I could have sworn starred Buster (Keaton) but doesn't.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Lounge   -   #4685
    I'm thinking I probably watched this one in my younger days: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059986/

At least I am not going completely crazy. i think. Maybe.

6. Lounge   -   #4686
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    watch that old black n' white "The Great Train Robbery" movie with them so they have some historical context.

I am absolutely 100% sure that I had watched that movie in the past. Except... I can't find it, and Wikipedia basically tells me it doesn't exist.

Odd.
    It totally existed, trust me. Known as "El primer gran asalto al tren" in Spanish speaking regions.

cover.jpg

7. Lounge   -   #4687
    I just grabbed a movie from the 60s that so far had only been available on DVD and was just released on BluRay. I had an old .avi that I replaced with a 720p .mkv.

Interesting, the .avi clocked in at 1:22 hr while the new rip comes in at 1:25 hr. Watching them side-by-side you can see how they get out of synch pretty quickly. As far as I can tell both content is the same, no scenes were cut.

8. Lounge   -   #4688
    Interesting, the .avi clocked in at 1:22 hr while the new rip comes in at 1:25 hr. Watching them side-by-side you can see how they get out of synch pretty quickly. As far as I can tell both content is the same, no scenes were cut.
    Different framerate most likely. Happened when I upgraded my copy of Fight Club from DVD to Blu-Ray. One was 25 FPS and the other 23.976, which created a gap of ~6 minutes even though the video stream was otherwise the same.

9. Lounge   -   #4689
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Different framerate most likely. Happened when I upgraded my copy of Fight Club from DVD to Blu-Ray. One was 25 FPS and the other 23.976, which created a gap of ~6 minutes even though the video stream was otherwise the same.
    Either that or it's all the added single frames of subliminal messages.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. Lounge   -   #4690
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Interesting quote, interesting man.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!" ― Hunter S. Thompson

HunterSThompsonquotes.jpg