Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is it that I get shunned when I try to have someone help me on FTN?

DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +1
    So I've been gone from torrenting in general for a few months and had trouble logging in on FTN, so I decide to go to support. FTN support used to be quite helpful, but apparently it's been overrun by egotistical morons. I attempt to ask for help, tell them what happened, kindly ask for help, but the mod chose not to help me because he didn't want to, then proceeded to ban me. I mean, I was nice, I used to be a largely contributing member, then he has to be a complete ass.

In this case it seems one rotten apple has spoiled the bunch for me.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Nothing else you forgot to tell us?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Nope, that's exactly what happened. I told him I was having trouble logging in after being away for a bit, then told me I was worthless, told me to leave, then banned me.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    Nothing else you forgot to tell us?
    hehe, yeah. usually some details are left out when users have been banned and come to fst to complain about the staff .
    Last edited by danio; 08-07-2008 at 11:09 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    punki_rach's Avatar El Chupanibre BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    What are we, agony aunts?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I have no reason for not to believe what you are saying... but it´s hard to believe that some FTN staff have done that, there are some trackers, few, that if you´ve said the same I´d probably stay quiet and in mode "reading only", but that´s not the regular behavior of any staff from there.
    Anyway, I´m sure somebody will throw some more light about this.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    i'm still a supporter of a stickied, general "banned and bitching" thread.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    I have no reason for not to believe what you are saying... but it´s hard to believe that some FTN staff have done that, there are some trackers, few, that if you´ve said the same I´d probably stay quiet and in mode "reading only", but that´s not the regular behavior of any staff from there.
    Anyway, I´m sure somebody will throw some more light about this.
    It was SuperDec. Usually staff is real helpful, but this guy's a complete ass.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    JROQuinn's Avatar Rev. Maynard BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    kinda strange you knew to come to FST to ask for help. Been here before under another alias?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by JROQuinn View Post
    kinda strange you knew to come to FST to ask for help. Been here before under another alias?
    Yeah, I used to be a member here before I took a break from torrenting for a bit. I have no idea what user name I used at the time as I've tried logging into all of them, so I just went ahead and made a new account.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast