Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [req] fsc

alfry1010's Avatar Be aware of the HD BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35

Heart

Hi everyone,

Here is my torrenting story so you could understand why i want to be part to the fun and sharing community.
    which tracker:
    Goal: have some good content to enjoy and to learn
    I start torrenting 3 years ago.First I was focus on french movies so i was only on snowtigers (french tracker). Then i was trying to get more specific tracker like bitme for elearning or BCG for games or HDBits for HD movies. By the meantime i enjoy be on invite forum (like FST) because we can talk about everything related to tracker and torrent and also about the content.

Which community:
    Goal: share some comment and some opinion about content
    I begin by the forum of each tracker but some aren't very great and the other are very restricted to their field. And the 0day tracker are to big to have a nice forum.
    So i get some news and info about tracker and the torrent scene on the invite forum.
    Then i get the luck to be part of a community tracker (ITS) but after spending some nice few months it is a kind of redondant and very focus on the movies (their collection thing).
    So i think FSC is the ultimate tracker i'm looking for because this is a nice little comunity of expert (from what i read) aware of torrenting. I think their clubs are exactly what a community aware of everything need so i could discuss about every new content i like. Because i would participate in almost every FSC Club beside the fight club (i don't like fighting or wrestling) and the kids club (i don't have any and if so they should learn english ), here is my contribution or interesst for each club:

The DVD Club:
    I'm a fan of comedy (monty python, adam sandler, jim carrey), thriller with a nice plot (The Spanish Prisoner, usual suspect, cube, clockwork orange, pulp fiction, seven), adventure (die hard, indiana jones, back to the future, batman, falling down), action (jet li, jackie jan, 36 chambers, matrix) asia (old boy, shaolin soccer, my sassy girl, papurika, toki wo kakeru shoujo, akira) some realisators like Kubrick, Besson, Miyazaki and Jeunet.
    I watch a movie every night (some bad and some great it depend of the scene and the synopsis) so i can discuss about it and share some view to have more good choice.

The Music Club:
    I'm a big rock fan every kind of rock from the old school (led zep, ac/dc, gun's, deep purple) to the new rock (the killers) by my young years (nirvana, RATM, Queen, offspring, jeff buckley). But beside this i've got some very heterogeneous tasts and i can listen some rap (eminem i like the flow but not the lyrics) some R N'B (black eyed peas, Marvin Gaye) some classic (Carmina Burana, Die Zauberflöte) some pop (MJ) and some techno (Daft Punk, Fatboy slim)

The Philosophy Club:
    I love Platon and every read is a new lesson of life. I'm very open-mind and could speak about every philosophiic subject to give my opinion.

x264 Club | High Def:
    I bought a 32" screen in 2006 and since this screen is very useful to work while i can doing something else on the same screen and to watch a movie it's awsome so i'm focus on the HD content to obtain the best picture. I've got a computer from 2005 so i use coreAVC to decode the signal. I spread my passion to HD with my parents and their 50" screen add with the Western Digital HDTV so they can watch all my movies in HD without any computer problem.
    To sum up i had a lot of problem to watch HD movie so i used differents players and differents decoders and now i've got a good base of knowledge to help others.

The Creative Club:
    I don't know what kind of creative is it (photoshop, personnal music or video, or other) ?

The Anime Club:
    beside the anime i watch as a child a really watch some nice anime in VOST was in 1999 with the help of a friend who give me some nice advice (one piece and noir). Since i'm addicted to one piece and bleach and i try to discovered some nice new anime. I discover some nice anime like cowboy bebop, eyeshield 21, GTO, ken, school rumble, samourai champloo, shaman king, death note, etc...
    So it's would be great to discovered some new one with your advice and let you know of what little tresure i discovered.

The Game Club:
    In my childhood i had a gameboy, a SNES and an amstrad 6128. Now i've got a DS, a Wii and a Xbox360. i spend 6 months on starcraft so from this time i try to limited my time of game so i'm more focus on the quick arcade game: car game, arcade, sport, fight.
    My major play time is on PES2009 on PC with some friends.
    I recently installed the USB loader on my wii and now i've got 50 games on a nice little white WD HD just on top of my wii.
    I play the three one piece game in JAP till the end because these games are awesome.
    I used the xbox360 most of the time to play fight and sport game with friends.

The TV Club:
    The tv show are like a movie with a new part every week, you already know the caracter and the plot and most of the time the synopsis is always the same so either you like it or not. I watch with my girlfriend CSI and now NCSI but in the mean time we watch malcolm, desperate housewives, married with children, friends, futurama, jim profit, simpson, prison break, south park, scrubs, heroes, house, dexter, burn notice, hustle.

The Kids Club:
    finally i could spend some times to talk about the show that was on air when we were young (goldorak or dragon ball) beside the fact that this subject can be in the anime or tv club also.

If you need any other info just ask me, I will sent you a PM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Even though I have nothing to do with getting anyone into FSC I appreciate that you put some effort into the request.

My comments ( consider this a free bump)

Quote Originally Posted by alfry1010 View Post

Goal: share some comment and some opinion about content
    God bless you.Someone actually discussing content, the reason that you presumably there in the first place( as opposed to soul numbingly caring how it got released by such and such a group 6 seconds faster than someplace else ), would be a welcome change ( not speaking about FSC btw because there aren't any people like that there).
    Then i get the luck to be part of a community tracker (ITS) but after spending some nice few months it is a kind of redondant and very focus on the movies (their collection thing).
    Only redundant if you have another site that prides itself on quality ( or run up by a bunch of snarky English types,I can say this without a hint of racism btw since my paternal Grandparents were English,which probably explains a lot... except my lack of proper English of course).
    i don't like fighting or wrestling
    Me neither unless it involves women or barring that then at the very least someone gets seriously hurt
    I'm a fan of comedy (monty python, adam sandler, jim carrey), thriller with a nice plot i can discuss about it and share some view to have more good choice.
    First you say you are a fan of comedy and then you say that you like Adam Sandler.Please make up your mind.
    I love Platon and every read is a new lesson of life. I'm very open-mind and could speak about every philosophiic subject to give my opinion.
    Me too especially the part at the end when they are bombing the crap out of the place and Charlie Sheen and Tom Berenger come face to face in a foxhole.
    It manages to make me both happy and scared at the same time which is probably philosophic in some way.

Anyway bonne chance.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-08-2009 at 07:59 PM.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I have been FSC, for quite sometime, but FSC requires, the Inviter to know the Individual quite well. I am NOT sure How anyone here who is a FSC member, can invite U , if they DO NOT KNOW U ????? !!, since they have to Vouch for U, and be RESPONSIBLE for inviting U
    So, putting a request here to join FSC, maybe can get U some attention from the FSC staff to take notice, BUT I am really NOT sure how effective is that for other FSC members........I could be WRONG !!

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    How active is the Philosophy Club? I find that aspect very interesting. I assume that several of the members would have a BA (4 year degree)or more in Philosophy.

I would appreciate any details, if possible. Also, while we are on the subject- is there another site (that would be easier to get into than Fort Knox) that might also have an active forum of people educated in philosophy?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    Zip's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Good request, haven't seen such a good one in a while.

Best of luck, chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Enlightened
    but FSC requires, the Inviter to know the Individual quite well.
    I didn't know about that (rule?)

I am NOT sure How anyone here who is a FSC member, can invite U , if they DO NOT KNOW U ????? !!
    They simply hand over the invite to him? Not so hard, like.

since they have to Vouch for U, and be RESPONSIBLE for inviting U[/b]
    They don't (necessarily) have to vouch for him. And the responsible part applies on (almost?) all trackers anyways, so why mention it?

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I assume that several of the members would have a BA (4 year degree)or more in Philosophy.

They're just regular people like everyone else.
    Last edited by Zip; 08-08-2009 at 09:16 PM.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    @OP, it's nice to see someone put effort in their request.

How active is the Philosophy Club? I find that aspect very interesting. I assume that several of the members would have a BA (4 year degree)or more in Philosophy.

I would appreciate any details, if possible. Also, while we are on the subject- is there another site (that would be easier to get into than Fort Knox) that might also have an active forum of people educated in philosophy?

Thanks!
    BA in Philosophy lolwhat? You have to realize that everyone in torrent community came is here for one sole purpose - to steal files. Forum/irc is just a plus. Nobody joins torrent sites to discuss how evil Bush is, allegory of the cave, or anything else. If you want an active discussion on anything else go to place that is dedicated for that sole purpose. If you don't know one, google it up! There are sites like flatearthsociety (with heavy discussion btw) so i figure there ought to be something on philosophy...heak there prolly are discussion forums on different school of philosophy.

Plus, vast numbers in torrent community are most likely not even in college, let along a 4 year degree...especially in a subject as philosophy. Even in this site, with such a huge userbase, you will be lucky to find few dozen philoshopy majors.
    Last edited by R0D3NT; 08-08-2009 at 10:47 PM.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Good job putting some effort into your REQ. So from what I get you want to be active in most clubs? Keep in mind from what I've gathered it's technically a forum although the FSC way - which is great - but I noticed that you don't post in any other sections such as TV & Movies, etc. and mostly only post in giveaways or REQs. Why is this?
    Last edited by KushBlow; 08-13-2009 at 12:20 AM.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Thanks, Zip. Some regular people spend a lot of time in school studying certain things. A good portion of my under-graduate studies were devoted to philosophy. Part of my graduate studies in Communications and Leadership focuses on philosophy as well. Actually, I have a graduate certificate (kinda like a "minor" for grad-studies) in Servant Leadership.

I have come across several discussion boards that have several members who were well read, but did not have a formal background in philosophy. I am looking for a site with members who focused their educations on philosophy or communications. Just looking for a strong community of academic peers for serious discussions.

I only read one review of FSC, but I thought that the Club there might contain some of the people I am looking to have discussions with.

Edit- To Rodent. I have a lot of places to "steal files". I am looking for good communities and discussion. FSC would not be worth pursuing if it is just another place to get stuff I already have access to.

Some people will get this. Others won't.

Squirrels are awesome, BTW!
    Last edited by megabyteme; 08-08-2009 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Added comments to Rodent
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    Zip's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow View Post
    Now I get the 2 F's, but why would you request the 3rd F since it's esentially just e-peen and has mostly AFR collections that you said you dislike?

Good luck nevertheless.
    Which F is FSC? 1st 2nd or 3rd?

Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow
    Also in your rep apparently you gave away an account which is never good.
    So what? It's just an account.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    I am looking for a site with members who focused their educations on philosophy or communications. Just looking for a strong community of academic peers for serious discussions.
    in that case, torrent community as a whole is a wrong place to look into. You want serious academic discussions, go to forums/site dedicated for that sole purpose.

but if you want to just chat, talk, have fun, and discuss a little while you steal files then you should go for community based trackers.
    Last edited by R0D3NT; 08-08-2009 at 09:44 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast