Thread: on a plan with usenet.com want to switch to a decent Provider , suggestions ?

Poster
    hi team and mesaman , i am on a plan with www.usenet.com/index.htm its problematic and is apparently one of the worst Providers.

can anyone suggest the top 3 or so Providers ? , id like to get off usenet.com and switch to a decent Prov.

i currently get incomplete/unfinished files with usenet.com and about 100 days retention

any info is sweet

s8n from Australia

from a bunch of searches Giganews seems the way to go , thanks for all pending posts im pretty much ok now and ready to rock and roll

s8n
    Last edited by s8n; 09-29-2008 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    they never did me wrong, just email their support
    Pimpn aint easy ®

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Top three is

Giganews, Giganews and yup u guessed it Giganews.

Use Giganews! You will not be disappointed. I have used several ie easynews and usenet-news.net. Giganews is far superior to both them. But you have to look at your pocket and decide. There are cheaper alternatives such as the aforementioned. Maybe have a giganews account once every three months to catch up on stuff you have missed with lower retention servers. Well as you can see there is only really one choice.
    Last edited by Windy72; 09-29-2008 at 10:46 PM.
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Poster
    roger that soldiers , Windy72 hehehehe

yea i might look around at UP's i have missed that my current Provider cant handle (Retention)

thanx for the response and re-confirms team

next project....... World Domination (jokes)

s8n

edit........

what should i choose with the options

YES/NO Terms & Conditions.
    YES/NO Acceptable Use Policy.

i am going to DL the odd DVD , Gamecube , PS2 game

also is it auto Debit of CC each month ? or do i have to manually pay each month ?

s8n
    Last edited by s8n; 09-30-2008 at 04:03 AM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    I wouldn't spend so much on a newsgroups provider. $30 a month is a lot to pay for something that most other providers provide the same thing for a fraction of the price. They just don't have the retention giganews has, but who needs that much anyway. But hey if you have the money to spend each month then I guess giganews is worth it.

I'd recommend astraweb. $11 gets you 99%+ completion and 160 day retention. (the retention grows every month) Sure the retention is 80 less then giganews, but the service is just as good and $19 cheaper. That's a $228 saving a year.
    Last edited by asmithz; 09-30-2008 at 06:33 AM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by asmithz View Post
    I wouldn't spend so much on a newsgroups provider. $30 a month is a lot to pay for something that most other providers provide the same thing for a fraction of the price. They just don't have the retention giganews has, but who needs that much anyway. But hey if you have the money to spend each month then I guess giganews is worth it.

I'd recommend astraweb. $11 gets you 99%+ completion and 160 day retention. (the retention grows every month) Sure the retention is 80 less then giganews, but the service is just as good and $19 cheaper. That's a $228 saving a year.
    yep gotta gree m8, just switched over to astraweb from newshosting & all great so far. max speeds & very little cost. only go with giganews if you want that much retenetion. very dear just to pay for retention tho. astraweb growing every month so for the price its a bargain m8!!

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Poster
    money money whats money (Seinfeld quote).......i dont need the big boy account just a simple Giganews 25Gig $12.99US a month account thats cheap imo.
    Last edited by s8n; 10-01-2008 at 12:37 PM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Just bought astraweb $11 a month service. On the SSL connection it maxes out my 6MB connection. You can't go wrong with it.

Also being able to pay with PayPal was very convenient.