Thread: Newsbin appears to be the best by far

I've been trialing a number of Newsgroups clients over the past few days and Newsbin is the clear winner.

It is a "one-stop shop" for news groups so it doesn't require you to download two appications to get a file. Has an easy interface to work with and only has a small one off fee, with lifetime updates.

I think it's the best out there. If some of you have other resons for recommending something else I'd like to hear it before I sign up to Newsbin on Tuesday.

Cheers

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by kanamint View Post
    I've been trialing a number of Newsgroups clients over the past few days and Newsbin is the clear winner.

It is a "one-stop shop" for news groups so it doesn't require you to download two appications to get a file. Has an easy interface to work with and only has a small one off fee, with lifetime updates.

I think it's the best out there. If some of you have other resons for recommending something else I'd like to hear it before I sign up to Newsbin on Tuesday.

Cheers

Newzbin is not a client, it is a website with NZB's. Newsleecher is a newsreader client.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by webe123 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kanamint View Post

Cheers

Newzbin is not a client, it is a website with NZB's. Newsleecher is a newsreader client.
    Newsbin

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Newzbin is not a client, it is a website with NZB's. Newsleecher is a newsreader client.[/QUOTE]

What's the difference? In fact I just had a look at newleecher and it is exactly the same as Newsbin so please ignore my first question.

PLus I just did a google search and there are some very poor reviews on newsleecher.

Can someone please suggest one that is actually good?!
    Last edited by kanamint; 04-01-2007 at 05:16 AM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Newsbin is the client I use too. But before you pay on Tuesday you might want to check out Grabit.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    how do you decide which is the best I am a new user with newsbin

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    knight76's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    How do you mean which is the best? Newzbin is awesome for finding stuff to dl from usenet. Newsleecher is probably the most popular for actually downloading the content from newzbin.

So basically save your nzb's from newzbin and then dbl click the nzb to start downloading in newsleecher.

Also, http://v3.newzbin.com/ is a top link to do advanced searching of usenet. I use it to create a category of hi def groups and search them with parameters that show me 720p stuff. Works great.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by knight76 View Post
    How do you mean which is the best? Newzbin is awesome for finding stuff to dl from usenet. Newsleecher is probably the most popular for actually downloading the content from newzbin.

So basically save your nzb's from newzbin and then dbl click the nzb to start downloading in newsleecher.

Also, http://v3.newzbin.com/ is a top link to do advanced searching of usenet. I use it to create a category of hi def groups and search them with parameters that show me 720p stuff. Works great.

You made the same mistake I did! He is using newsbin ...a NEWSREADER CLIENT!

http://www.newsbin.com/

I WISH newsbin and Newzbin did not have names so close to each other! It gets confusing!

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    How is Newsbin better than newsleecher?

Newsbin is $35 for life, and newsleecher with supersearch costs $3/month.
    I'd rather not get locked into one particular reader unless it is substantially superior.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by superfuzzy View Post
    How is Newsbin better than newsleecher?

Newsbin is $35 for life, and newsleecher with supersearch costs $3/month.
    I'd rather not get locked into one particular reader unless it is substantially superior.

I use newsleecher. Never tried newsbin. But newsleecher DOES let you keep your current version and update for a year with a supersearch subscription.