Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the quality like for invite trading on this site?

I will trade my invite once my 30-day period is done, but before that, how are the ppl around here, in terms of the number of successful or scammed trades? I am new, just got my new invites, and don't really know how to do a trade which will protect and be fair to both parties?

Also, there is another requirement saying I need to have 2 helpful postings etc, what the heck is that meant?

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    2 helpful postings is exactly what it says it is.. 2 posts which aren't just a smiley or a 1 word reply (like "thxxxx" or "good job man", but rather more constructive than that).

About trading invites - A simple and friendly suggestion - Always use a middleman for trades. That way your chances of being scammed are skimmed down to next to 0, and if you are, the scammer is detected immediately and banned on the spot.
    Last edited by Skizo; 09-09-2008 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Removed Automerged Doublepost

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    About trading invites - A simple and friendly suggestion - Don't!

Fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Plz elaborate, is it against the forum rule to trade or b/c there are too many scams floating around?

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowknight View Post
    Plz elaborate, is it against the forum rule to trade or b/c there are too many scams floating around?
    Trading invites is allowed. You'll find that there are 2 sections here: The Giveaways section, which is more for those who feel that trading invites is wrong. There is also the Bittorrent Trades section which is where traders can exchange invites.

As for scams, there are very few scams here. If you're worried about it, use a middleman provided by FST.

yo

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowknight View Post
    Some people, me included, think it is wrong to trade invites. Many trackers have rules against it and if they find out you do it they will ban your account and anyone you traded with.

Some people, me included, feel that if a tracker is private then you should treat it as such and only invite people you have gotten to know and trust. To do otherwise is to show disrespect for the tracker whose invite you traded and more importantly it's members.

Some people, me included, feel that FST (formerly KLF) became a much worse place when it became a haven for invite traders. This has turned a lot of other sites against FST and more importantly it's members, which is a shame.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    MrBuddyX's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I am definitely ANTI TRADE!! Buyt to join some of these high level trackers people want something in return for the invite. So it really comes down to whether or not you are going to play the game.. I choose not to.. I only use use trackers that I am going to use, i only wask for those invits.. if i dont use the site.. i give the invite back or just decline it..

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    What's on these "High Level" trackers that isn't on other trackers, or on things like Usenet.

Seriously, is there other content I don't know about.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    What's on these "High Level" trackers that isn't on other trackers, or on things like Usenet.
    Bigger egos.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Is it just wee laddies collecting BT accounts or is there more to it than that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast