Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About Eset Nod32

DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Hi everyone!

I have a problem. I am staying at my father's place over the Christmas holidays and i notice he has a very old version of Nod32 which doesn't update any longer. So i need to get him a newer version. I am using Nod32 on my computer at home aswell and my experience from it is that the patch works properly a while, then the license number is blocked or something like that so i can't update any longer and need to download a new version. Now, my father isn't very skilled at computers so i have to get him an antivirus program that will work for a longer period of time. I won't check back on it untill the summer comes.

This brings me to the question. What antivirus software/version should i use if i don't want to worry about that it stops updating properly after a while? And his computer is rather old, a xp 1900+ cpu, 1024mb ram. So it must be a light program that doesn't slow it down too much..

Thanks in advance!
    /danio

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    problem solved

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Charles Lindbergh's Avatar one of the good guys BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Hi people !!!

For all people that have the same problem, please use BUSINESS version of NOD32. Your updating problems will be solved

Regards !!!
    Everything is relative.
    Only movement is absolutely.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Lindbergh View Post
    Hi people !!!

For all people that have the same problem, please use BUSINESS version of NOD32. Your updating problems will be solved

Regards !!!
    Sorry I call B.S. as thats the program I use ver. 3.0.566.0 and had to jump thru hoops to get to update the other day .

I posted in another thread so wont bother here .

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    That business version has a volume license that's valid for a year, you could that same one on your current version of nod. It wouldn't make a difference.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by S!X View Post
    That business version has a volume license that's valid for a year, you could that same one on your current version of nod. It wouldn't make a difference.

Ah crap I can't keep my mouth shut ....... I'm using the Business version with a volume license , problem is the key or user id is over used so the update clues in to it and restricts the update function so you end up in one big circle jerk , just trying to update your program . Ya I can use Nodlogin but I have to constantly reboot my computer .

I rarely restarted as I had no reason too till now . Everything freezes , my torrents etc. till I reboot . Not a option when trying to increase your ratio or finish that movie d/l I really wanted .

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post

Ah crap I can't keep my mouth shut ....... I'm using the Business version with a volume license , problem is the key or user id is over used so the update clues in to it and restricts the update function so you end up in one big circle jerk , just trying to update your program . Ya I can use Nodlogin but I have to constantly reboot my computer .

I rarely restarted as I had no reason too till now . Everything freezes , my torrents etc. till I reboot . Not a option when trying to increase your ratio or finish that movie d/l I really wanted .
    You shouldn't need to reboot in order to get nodlogin running. It makes a shortcut on the desktop, try reinstalling it. You can also go into the ESET program installation folder and make a shortcut of the nodlogin.exe file on your desktop or wherever.
    Last edited by S!X; 12-22-2007 at 07:59 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post

You shouldn't need to reboot in order to get nodlogin running. It makes a shortcut on the desktop, try reinstalling it. You can also go into the ESET program installation folder and make a shortcut of the nodlogin.exe file on your desktop or wherever.
    Your right I did n't read the nodlogin help file . I was just rebooting and nodlogin was doing its thing .

I got it sorted now I think , I removed nodlogin from start up and thru Nod32's Scheduler/Planer I did the required settings .

Like this :

Install NOD32 setup file

1) Remove user name and password in NOD32 v 3.x
    2) Put "nodlogin8.0" in Eset map and run it. (install hidden mode)
    3) Go in Eset to Tools and then Scheduler and then "Add"
    4) Run external application
    5) Taskname "Nodlogin" and Run the task Event triggered.
    6) Event to trigger task:"Successful update of the virus signature
    database"
    7) Run task as soon as possible
    8) In "Run application" window, browse to nodlogin.exe
    (Executable file
    C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\nodlogin.exe
    Work folder
    C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus )
    OK
    9) Go in Eset to Tools and then Scheduler and then "Add"
    10) Run external application
    11) Taskname "Nodlogin" and Run the task Event triggered.
    12) Event to trigger task:"Successful update of program components"
    13) Run task as soon as possible
    14) In "Run application" window, browse to nodlogin.exe
    (Executable file
    C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\nodlogin.exe
    Work folder
    C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus )
    OK

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Nice, where did you find that info peat? I think it's good to have nodlogin running at start up too just to make sure you can get the initial definition update cause if the current username/pass doesn't work (upon boot or just in general) nodlogin won't run yeah? only when it successfully updates from those instructions you posted
    Last edited by S!X; 12-22-2007 at 11:10 PM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Nice, where did you find that info peat? I think it's good to have nodlogin running at start up too just to make sure you can get the initial definition update cause if the current username/pass doesn't work (upon boot or just in general) nodlogin won't run yeah? only when it successfully updates from those instructions you posted

It was in a d/l I found in the NFO file , I also found step by step instructions with pics if anyones interested ?

I think its ok to post here ? I'll post the upload and if it's not allowed a mod could delete it or pm me and I'll edit my post .

Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/78381633/Leesmij.rar.html

@s!x , I hav'nt rebooted as the nod program seems to be fine so not sure if nodlogin has to be in start folder ? My default settings seem to check for updated antivirus definitions on the hour and have yet to see a problem today . Last update 12/22/2007/ 4.08 PM so Im doing a Snoopy dance !

After further reflection I just enabled nodlogin in startup manager Tuneup utilities 2007 . I like that better than ccleaner as you just uncheck not delete .
    Last edited by peat moss; 12-23-2007 at 12:32 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast