Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know how to get full permission of a computer

Anyone know how to get full permission of a computer because I have XP and it saying access denied not able to open Utorrent.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Wrong forum? and you may gave spyware. Does this happen only with uTorrent or other programs as well. I dealt with spyware that gives access denied on many things. Especially in Vista and is spyware.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Like when im trying to install programs too.Like I want to know how to get full control of my computer with permission.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    use nod32 and spyware doctor, then tell what happens?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Its not a spyware.Is that I need permission.I even went in safe networking and tried to get full control.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    If you had access before and now you don't. Yes it's spyware. I dealt with that one. Is this Vista Or XP?

If it's XP get dial-a-fix and run it and remove the security policies that are restricting you. You might want to try it in safe mode. Then run smitfraudfix and combofix and check the startup folder under program files for all users and also escheduled tasks and run a spyware scan. You can use Superantispyware.

If it's vista you'll have to jump straight to Combofix, you might want to try a system restore by booting with the CD and trying the repair options first though, if the system restore is sucessful you are good. Just run smitfraudfix, comobofix, spyware and AV scan.

Go through add/remove programs and remove crap that you never installed. Research the names if you are not sure if it's good or bad.

Cleaning malware is my favorite thing and is part of my job.
    Last edited by saulin; 03-05-2008 at 04:48 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by basicx View Post
    Its not a spyware.Is that I need permission.I even went in safe networking and tried to get full control.
    Are u in administrator mode?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Yess I am in administrator and no again I dont have a spyware,its just I installed windows on top of xp again.Now im have permission problems.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Well if you are sure you don't have malware and is a permission issue sounds like the profile is just messed up. Create a new Admin user and transfer your documents and other files to your new profile and problem solved.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post
    Well if you are sure you don't have malware and is a permission issue sounds like the profile is just messed up. Create a new Admin user and transfer your documents and other files to your new profile and problem solved.
    You mean create a new user profile because I tried that.I think its something in th program files,
    Last edited by basicx; 03-05-2008 at 04:58 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast