Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with seedbox

Gtb's Avatar n00b with two stars BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Hello,
    I have a hosting-ie seedbox, with fedora 6 and utorrent.

Yesterday i deleted some torrents and data, because i wanted to upload a big torrent.

Unfortunatelly the data are deleted, but the seedbox's HDD is still full!

Can someone help me, where to "search" for these files, in order to clean up the HDD?

Thank you in advance

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Ghostbusters's Avatar Ectoplasmic
    Have you possibly rented a slot on a shared seedbox as oposed to a dedicated one for yourself, if you have then the drive space on the box is probably like the bandwidth shared between each user who rents a slot.

If your box works anything like the one I've got access to it will only let you modify / delete / view the data you have transferred to the box, otherwise people would just delete others data to free up drivespace & bandwidth whenever they felt like it.

If other people on the box don't delete their old data then things could start to get clogged up, if your using less than your allocated drive space and there's none left on the box then I'd get in touch with the hosting company and let them know by email or IRC is even better if they have a support channel.
    Last edited by Ghostbusters; 04-28-2008 at 10:50 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Log in using Winscp or whatever FTP client your using and go to this folder and delete the files >> /root/.local/share/Trash

That should do the trick
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    How did you supposedly delete them? If you were trying to remove directories, you probably have to use rm -R and then the name of the whole directory. Linux won't tell you that the process has failed unless it can't find the directory (unless you use -verbose I think). I've found that when there are spaces or weird symbols you should just use the first word with a * at the end. Be careful with rm -R because it will remove everything if typed alone...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Gtb's Avatar n00b with two stars BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbusters View Post
    Have you possibly rented a slot on a shared seedbox as oposed to a dedicated one for yourself, if you have then the drive space on the box is probably like the bandwidth shared between each user who rents a slot.
    The seedbox is dedicated, and not a shared one. I have full access on it, and up to yesterday i used to delete the files from the seedbox, by right clicking on the torrent, and delete data.

After that, i added a new torrent, and it appeared with error. I checked the empty space in the HDD and i saw that it was full.

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    Log in using Winscp or whatever FTP client your using and go to this folder and delete the files >> /root/.local/share/Trash

That should do the trick
    I tried and deleted the files from there already, but still no good. the empty space is still 0!

Any other solutions?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Did you search your user /home directory?
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    barakokula's Avatar hard to thrill BT Rep: +1
    Use the manual method...connect to a ftp client and right click on folders ->properties->size 'calculate' . See where it's at.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Did you search your user /home directory?
    Nothing there too!

After i deleted the files from /root/.local/share/Trash folder, the HDD did not get empty! Strange (because the previous times it worked) but still nowhere to find them again

Quote Originally Posted by barakokula View Post
    Use the manual method...connect to a ftp client and right click on folders ->properties->size 'calculate' . See where it's at.
    If i right click and go on Properties in cute_ftp it only counts the files and subfolders, and not the HDD space.

Then i have to go in all the folders again and again. As you see, it's hundreds of subfolders to check, so it's a big possibility to "miss" something.
    Last edited by Gtb; 04-28-2008 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    cd /
    du

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Nearly always by default the files end up here >> /root/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/uTorrent, unless you tweak utorrent to store them elsewhere. So obviously make sure they're not in there.

In the trash folder there are 2 other folders, make sure they are empty.

Also make sure the /root/.wine/drive_c/windows/profiles/root/Application Data/uTorrent is clear of any crap.
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast