Thread: Ripping specific parts of a DVD

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Is there any software out ther that will let me rip out a specific part of a DVD, like for example, I want to rip out a couple of clips from the bonus material section of a DVD without actually having to rip the entire DVD. Is this possible? If not, what options do I have?

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    DVD Shrink.

Click the Re-Author button and you can select any part you want. After selecting, you can even cut off the beginning and end of any selection by the Set Start/End Frames button (looks like 2 arrows pointing in opposite directions).

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Ok I clicked on re-author, and I can see/preview the clips from the list of clips I want. So I right clicked on the clips I wanted and clicked "Add" which got added to a new list on the top left corner called DVD Compilation. How do I actually start ripping these clips?

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    What you could do is rip the whole dvd and compress it with the xvid codec, then just an AVI splitter to cut out those specific parts.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad View Post
    Ok I clicked on re-author, and I can see/preview the clips from the list of clips I want. So I right clicked on the clips I wanted and clicked "Add" which got added to a new list on the top left corner called DVD Compilation. How do I actually start ripping these clips?
    Click the Backup! button.