Page 256 of 742 FirstFirst ... 156206246253254255256257258259266306356 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 7414

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

I wouldn't expect anything less from republicans. They don't care about the environment. They don't think about the future except when it concerns their job.

2. Lounge   -   #2552
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    What the face of true evil looks like. Willing to sacrifice the existence of whole species on the altar of greed.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...l-gas-industry

Noooooo, not the Delta Smelt!!! That is absolutely my favorite smelt...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #2553
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    You smelt it, you dealt it.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Lounge   -   #2554
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post
    I wouldn't expect anything less from republicans. They don't care about the environment. They don't think about the future except when it concerns their job.
    As long as people keep seeing and dividing politicians as R's and D's, they will continue to succeed in doing whatever they fuck they want. Once people stop doing that and start looking at individuals and their individual records, voting trends, and donors, and keeping politicians accountable for what they do, only then will any real change begin. Until then it just furthers the finger pointing and distracts from what is actually going on.

yo

5. Lounge   -   #2555
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Politicians love this sort of polarization because they don't feel the need to constantly defend their actions.

Last edited by Skiz; 07-26-2018 at 07:46 PM.

yo

6. Lounge   -   #2556
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    What should bother people is how nothing changes with these assholes because no one holds them accountable. Like the concept of spending less money. That concept gets tossed around incessantly but its never actually on the table. Whats sad is that it never really matters to the average voter either bc it gets lost in the polarization (again this is why politicians love the republican/democrat finger pointing). Even when the curtain is pulled back and you're shown in black and white how despicable all of them are, it doesn't really matter to most people bc they feel better about just hating on one side or the other. For example, I spent some time with this over the weekend, The 2018 Congressional Pig Book put out by the Citizens Against Government Waste. LINK. The notables here are 232 earmarks in fiscal year 2018, a 42% increase over 2017 which is a 116% over 2016! All these fucks do is spend more and spend more and spend more. None of them spend less. To monetize that, the 42% increase from '17 to '18 was $14.7 billion!

All these fucks care about is their power trips and getting reelected. And how do they get reelected? They spend our money of course on all these little pet projects for their constituencies and they earmark it all so it doesn't get scrutinized. Stop finger pointing and start holding all of them accountable.
    Last edited by Skiz; 07-26-2018 at 08:02 PM.

yo

7. Lounge   -   #2557
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Jimmies have been rustled.

yo

8. Lounge   -   #2558
    Look at the overwhelming support trump gets from the Rs. They are afraid to loose their jobs if they go against him. No individuality there. Individual records means shit when they are all complicit to what is going on now. Plus , the R's always vote the party line. The only Rs speaking up are leaving (nothing to lose). Unfortunately there is no way to hold politicians accountable. You can't vote them out and their campaign financing comes from corporate interests. That's why we need term limits for ALL elected politicians (and appointed ones). Get rid of lobbyists and dark money.

9. Lounge   -   #2559
    ShinShin's Avatar Poster
    I agree with you up to a point Skiz. Individuals matter, but they don't act in a vortex. Especially politicians; they're part of a political party, and necessarily one's overall appraisal of any individual politician's performance hinges also on how congruent his actions and words are to his party's political programme.

Political parties are the the cement of representative democracy.
    Last edited by ShinShin; 07-27-2018 at 07:23 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #2560
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post
    Look at the overwhelming support trump gets from the Rs. They are afraid to loose their jobs if they go against him. No individuality there. Individual records means shit when they are all complicit to what is going on now. Plus , the R's always vote the party line. The only Rs speaking up are leaving (nothing to lose). Unfortunately there is no way to hold politicians accountable. You can't vote them out and their campaign financing comes from corporate interests. That's why we need term limits for ALL elected politicians (and appointed ones). Get rid of lobbyists and dark money.
    D’s vote along party lines as well. Proof in just about any legislation you want to look up.

Agreed about term limits.
    Last edited by Skiz; 07-27-2018 at 09:01 PM.

yo