Page 455 of 743 FirstFirst ... 355405445452453454455456457458465505555 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,550 of 7428

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    ^^^ As much as sharing is caring, that custom google search I posted had everything I've searched for (within reason). It indexes many many sites. The pastebin of URLS's has since been deleted.

Found here back in the day: https://www.reddit.com/r/Piracy/wiki..._and_elearning

For requesting, Mobilism.org goes aiiight.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

2. Lounge   -   #4542
    I only recently remembered I have an account and it has some 30 invites, so I thought why not

I'll check out your Google CSE, thanks. The more sources, the better!
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Lounge   -   #4543
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    Anyone know any good sites to steal books? Not for me of course because reading is totally gay and stupid but got a list of bewks to get for the misses and tpb has none
    https://filesharingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=459557

I can shoot a BitSpyder invite your way if you promise not to be a terrorist and get banned for low ratio
    That is most kind of you but it's no secret I'm a piece of shit and will do exactly that

4. Lounge   -   #4544
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Mandems

Anyone know any good sites to steal books? Not for me of course because reading is totally gay and stupid but got a list of bewks to get for the misses and tpb has none
    gen.lib.rus.ec

that works for me, only via vpn as Sky block it.

5. Lounge   -   #4545
    That is most kind of you but it's no secret I'm a piece of shit and will do exactly that
    My, I appreciate the honesty

Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    gen.lib.rus.ec

that works for me, only via vpn as Sky block it.
    The joys of living in a developed first-world democracy! By the way, have you tried this?

https://github.com/ValdikSS/GoodbyeDPI

6. Lounge   -   #4546
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    I may be late to the party, but today I came across this website:

https://www.abandonwaredos.com/

Tried to play Castle Wolfenstein (loved it on the C64; did not know there was an equivalent version for the PC prior to Wolfenstein 3D), but I guess my computer is too fast for the game to be playable. Can anyone point me towards a DOS emulator that lets me slow down the system to be on par with an early 90s PC?

7. Lounge   -   #4547
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    Can anyone point me towards a DOS emulator that lets me slow down the system to be on par with an early 90s PC?
    DOSBox is the best of its kind. You can slow the emulation down by lowering the amount of cycles per second (and perhaps the processor type) until you find the sweet spot. Or perhaps running Mo'Slo from within the system, as it was done in the old days

Let me know if you need anything else, because I love this abandonware stuff. I installed Windows 95 on DOSBox several times once just because I could, and still have the DOS boot floppy I made for gaming back when every byte of conventional memory counted

8. Lounge   -   #4548
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    DOSBox is indeed the one I installed yesterday (not a lot of research; it was the first Google result. Well, that is pretty much the average amount of research I do). Looks like I'll need to start reading the instructions.

On a not entirely unrelated note, how the hell do I change the resolution for specific program windows? Ever since I upgraded to my current system (which apparently has a much more powerful graphics card and a higher screen resolution than my old one) there are a few programs where the font is so small that you can hardly read it anymore and it feels like when you want to move the cursor from one area of the screen to another, your mouse is covering marathon distances. Surely there must be a setting where you can specify that programs not auromatically making an adjustment can be run in a window with lower resolution so that everything is upscaled/bigger?

9. Lounge   -   #4549
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    ...Surely there must be a setting where you can specify that programs not auromatically making an adjustment can be run in a window with lower resolution so that everything is upscaled/bigger?
    There is or was Cab, wish I knew it off the top of my head... but alas sadly the days of beta testing OS's (Win 95) for over a year escapes me and my command prompt overrides have disappeared with my memory.

(I had issues with "Another World"...luved that game slipin slidin shoe shit. The 25th or 50th Anniversary edition, gave me new pair of shoes!)

It can be done just prolly ask anon.
    Last edited by Stehle; 05-01-2020 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Good Luck!
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

10. Lounge   -   #4550
    On a not entirely unrelated note, how the hell do I change the resolution for specific program windows? Ever since I upgraded to my current system (which apparently has a much more powerful graphics card and a higher screen resolution than my old one) there are a few programs where the font is so small that you can hardly read it anymore and it feels like when you want to move the cursor from one area of the screen to another, your mouse is covering marathon distances.
    This is what you want.

https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/wi...g-dpi-scaling/
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/comput...in-windows-10/

Note that some programs do not play nice with it and their text overflows outside the expected area, or is clipped. You can disable DPI scaling as a compatibility setting (properties panel) for those.

As for the mouse thing, just increase the sensitivity and make sure to check out https://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/, because that stupid acceleration effect becomes much more noticeable at higher speeds