Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden: Just an utter disaster, or 'worse than Jimmy Carter'

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    It helps to be old enough to remember Jimmy Carter.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    It helps if you free your mind from the thought that the other party is working to ensure that nothing gets done. I mean like the Republicans blocked even government appointments being filled for months.

If you disagree with this contention or can give any good reason for them doing this other than a transparent attempt for things to go as poorly as possible for the country so that they stand a better chance to regain power, then by all means have at it. For concrete example merely look at the recently defeated voting rights Bill which historically found bi-partisan support.

Btw Biden isn't a great/good President but then again neither were the last several GOP Presidents is you discount Reagan. It's one thing to have to play the hand you are given but it's another thing trying to play that hand when the other person refuses to even come to the table.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    I hate to say it, but I'm with Idol on this one.

And now pardon me while I take a ht shower...

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I For concrete example merely look at the recently defeated voting rights Bill which historically found bi-partisan support.
    "recently defeated"..."historically"?

What means this?

What do you think about non-citizens voting, which is a Democrat imperative?

Voting, no identification required?

Also, the question is simple, and has nothing whatsoever to do with Trump.

If you don't want to answer it, don't take liberties.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Sorry, American is my third language after Canadian and English.

I never mentioned Trump.
    The national Party isn't in favour of the new New York voting rights and even notable NY Progressives like AOC haven't spoken up in favour of it. In this shrinking world, I think the distinction between "legal resident" and "citizen" continues to grow ever murkier so on this I really can't say absolutely although I personally side with staying with citizenship cause it's an easier line to draw in the sand .
    I like Carter. He's proven himself to be a good man. We are often slave to circumstance and Carter's circumstance unfortunately involved Iran. I think Biden tries to be a good man but decades in Washington have clouded his judgement on what "being good" actually involves. I also think that if there is a minimum age that one can be President then it's only reasonable that their should also be a maximum one.

Sorry if this post is a bit addled but it's early and I do my best thinking after a few drinks.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Sorry, American is my third language after Canadian and English.

I never mentioned Trump.
    The national Party isn't in favour of the new New York voting rights and even notable NY Progressives like AOC haven't spoken up in favour of it. In this shrinking world, I think the distinction between "legal resident" and "citizen" continues to grow ever murkier so on this I really can't say absolutely although I personally side with staying with citizenship cause it's an easier line to draw in the sand .
    I like Carter. He's proven himself to be a good man. We are often slave to circumstance and Carter's circumstance unfortunately involved Iran. I think Biden tries to be a good man but decades in Washington have clouded his judgement on what "being good" actually involves. I also think that if there is a minimum age that one can be President then it's only reasonable that their should also be a maximum one.

Sorry if this post is a bit addled but it's early and I do my best thinking after a few drinks.

"The last several GOP presidents" surely includes Trump.

If you can find it within yourself to comment positively about Carter, well, that puts you in a very, very (very) special minority.

Also - "addled" is okay - I do that myself.

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    On further thought, legal residents pay taxes, have social security numbers and presumably their fortunes are tied to their current country of residence. Compare that to (American) citizens living abroad who are less tethered both physically and financially to their country of origin and yet retain their voting rights.
    I mean in the end, the argument for citizenship over legal residency is basically a white supremacy thing isn't it? Btw the answer is yes.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    What is more important to ensure everyone who qualifies has the opportunity to vote or to set up barriers against certain people voting because there possibly maybe might be some tiny chance of voter fraud?

Seriously, do you honestly believe that a large number of illegal votes wouldn't be noticed by someone as things previously stood?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I'll set the standard for 'utter disaster' at coup d'etat. Based on that standard, I score the current administration as not so bad.

Former administration and co-conspirators are still trying to accomplish that.

Personally, I'd rather have a few (nonexistent) fraudulent/illegal votes counted than have none matter at all.

Democracy sucks when your side can't get enough legal voters...votes...thrown out to stay in power.

Heavily armed white supremacists groups intimidating legal voters, the entire mail system dismantled, repeated insane claims that the election was 'stolen' that NOBODY with an IQ over the temp of ice water ever believed...

And what idol said. Biden isn't great, but he's facing nothing but obstructionism when there's a lot that needs to be done for the good of the entire country.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 01-23-2022 at 01:14 AM.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I'll set the standard for 'utter disaster' at coup d'etat.
    Shay said that he had a Coup DeVille once. I told him that's Coupe and it's a totally different thing. He said then that explains why it never tried to overthrow him. He then added " But you gotta admit, that Cecil B. DeVille, hell of a director. Hell of a director".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast