Thread: Microsoft Appologizes for Xbox Live Problems and Offers a Free Xbox Live Arcade Game

silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    "Marc Whitten has posted on Xbox.com the following letter in regards to the Xbox Live service interruptions over the holiday season. In the letter he appologizes for the problems and states that Microsoft will be offering all Xbox Live subscribers a free Xbox Live Arcade game to show their gratitude for us living with the problems while they worked on fixing them. So, without any further ado, here is the letter:"

"Dear Xbox LIVE Members:

During this past holiday season you helped us break a number of Xbox LIVE records. This included our largest sign-up of new members to Xbox LIVE in our 5 year history and just yesterday you broke the record for the single biggest day of concurrent members ever on the service.

As a result of this massive increase in usage we know that some of you experienced intermittent Xbox LIVE issues over the holiday break. While the service was not completely offline at any given time, we are disappointed in our performance. I would like to take this moment to thank you each and every one of you for your patience and understanding as our team has worked around the clock to return the service to a stable state.

At the same time we would like to offer a token of our appreciation to all of you in celebration of record success for the service. And as a thank you for your loyalty during this holiday period, we will be offering all of our Xbox LIVE members around the world access to a full Xbox LIVE Arcade game that will be available to download free of charge. In the coming weeks we will be sharing the specific details of this offer with you.

Thank you again for helping make Xbox LIVE everything that it is today!

Sincerely,

Marc Whitten
    General Manager, Xbox LIVE
    Gamertag: Notwen"

Source: http://www.dreamstation.cc/news/news...r-our-troubles
    View: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-new...members-270143 - January 18, 2008
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 01-19-2008 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Do not use quote tags.

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    They should appologize for broken consoles (red ring of death)

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    tyman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    at least they extended the warranties to 3 years though. They did something about it though. I think the arcade game isn't even worth it. That game came with a lot of systems and you can buy it for $10 bucks at a store and they aren't even good games.

It wasn't just matchmaking, it was everything. Give us a free month or two of live and I'll be happy.

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Aaxel21's Avatar AHHHHH!
    I also want part of the lawsuit from thoes 3 kids in Texas. They are suing Microsoft for over $5,000,000 for Xbox Live breaching their contract.
    Remember bullets always have the right of way.

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS
    my live is working great

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaxel21 View Post
    I also want part of the lawsuit from thoes 3 kids in Texas. They are suing Microsoft for over $5,000,000 for Xbox Live breaching their contract.
    link me to the news

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by suprafreak6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaxel21 View Post
    link me to the news
    Did somebody say "news"? Here: clicky.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by tyman View Post
    at least they extended the warranties to 3 years though. They did something about it though. I think the arcade game isn't even worth it. That game came with a lot of systems and you can buy it for $10 bucks at a store and they aren't even good games.
    They didn't say what game yet.

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post

link me to the news
    not that news, i meant the news about the 3 kids suing...its okay innocent mistake

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Dry

Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    not that news, i meant the news about the 3 kids suing...its okay innocent mistake
    Good one.
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 01-19-2008 at 02:00 AM.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..