Page 536 of 739 FirstFirst ... 36436486526533534535536537538539546586636 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,360 of 7385

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Learned today that Windows 11 won't run on my high powered five year old gaming computer but will run on my shitty new underpowered laptop. Seems reasonable.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Lounge   -   #5352
    I was rewatching Dawn of the Dead and it occurred to me that if the zombies react to sound and motion (aggression triggered from a distance) then why don't they attack each other? At least in The Walking Dead the zombies react to smell so there is some tiny sense of logic.

3. Lounge   -   #5353
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Learned today that Windows 11 won't run on my high powered five year old gaming computer but will run on my shitty new underpowered laptop. Seems reasonable.
    If it's the TPM 2.0 check, there are tricks to bypass it. Or you could install Windows 95 instead, it's 8.63... times better.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. Lounge   -   #5354
    I was rewatching Dawn of the Dead and it occurred to me that if the zombies react to sound and motion (aggression triggered from a distance) then why don't they attack each other? At least in The Walking Dead the zombies react to smell so there is some tiny sense of logic.
    And despite being walking piles of rotten flesh, zombies are never swarmed by flies, rats or seagulls. What a travesty

5. Lounge   -   #5355
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    If it's the TPM 2.0 check, there are tricks to bypass it. Or you could install Windows 95 instead, it's 8.63... times better.
    I could install Linux on a separate partition too but I kind of like the idea of my soul belonging to an evil monopoly.

Also I've been reading some stuff I don't understand any of on some computer nerd forums and supposedly I could run Windows 11 on basically anything if I really wanted to put myself through that sort of pain. Strangely I feel no compulsion to.

6. Lounge   -   #5356
    You can make the installer ignore the TPM settings:
    How to Install Windows 11 Without TPM
    As mentioned, installing Windows 11 without TPM requires a few registry entries. The easiest way to do this is to try to install Windows 11 via an ISO or the Insider program, then follow the steps below if you get a “This PC can’t run Windows 11” message.
    1. Press Shift + F10 to open Command Prompt and run the “regedit” command
    2. Add a new key in the “Setup” key
    In the Registry Editor, navigate to*Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup. Right-click on the*“Setup”*folder in your sidebar and select*“New > Key”.
    3. Name the key “LabConfig” and add a new DWORD
    After you name your folder, you can create the DWORD by right-clicking in any blank space in the main pane and selecting*“DWORD (32-bit) Value”.
    4. Name the value “BypassTPMCheck” and set the value data to 1.
    It’s important the capitalization and spelling are exactly the same. You can modify the value data by double-clicking your new DWORD and changing the*“Value data”*text box. Press*“OK”*when you’re done to save the changes.
    5. Create another DWORD called “BypassRAMCheck”
    Again, make sure the capitalization and spelling is exactly the same as above.
    6. Change the value data to 1
    Remember, you can access the value data field by double-clicking on the “BypassRAMCheck” key. Press*“OK”*to apply it.
    7. Create a new DWORD called “BypassSecureBootCheck”
    8. Change the value data of SecureBootCheck to 1 and press “OK”
    9. Close the Registry Editor and press the back button on your Windows 11 setup
    You’ll find the back button in the top-left corner.
    10. Install Windows 10 on your unsupported hardware
    You can now go through the setup process as normal. Your installer should no longer tell you your PC is incompatible.

From <https://winbuzzer.com/2021/08/09/how...-tpm-2-xcxwbt/

After it's installed, you can run the "Skip_TPM_Check_on_Dynamic_Update.cmd" from this article so it will install new feature updates when available (also has method for clean install):

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...-requirements/
    Last edited by BigBirdFinger; 10-06-2021 at 01:17 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #5357
    I'd rather just make my mind ignore Windows 11. Much easier and no chance of losing valuable media files concerning fey makeup wearing Asian boy bands.

8. Lounge   -   #5358
    supposedly I could run Windows 11 on basically anything if I really wanted to put myself through that sort of pain
    There's anything and there's anything.

As for me, Windows 7 still works, and from the look of things I'll be using this install until the day I die.
    Last edited by anon; 10-06-2021 at 05:00 PM.

9. Lounge   -   #5359
    This is a huge thread, could someone post the TL;DR please?

10. Lounge   -   #5360
    Quote Originally Posted by yffab View Post
    This is a huge thread, could someone post the TL;DR please?
    One sixty-eighth, the only worthwhile part, is Mulder being funny and the rest is people asking stupid questions.