Page 499 of 740 FirstFirst ... 399449489496497498499500501502509549599 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 7395

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    Anyone recognize this guy?

Attachment 185814
    Always
    Coming
    From
    Take
    Me
    Down
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. Lounge   -   #4982
    Got a new iPad Air, but when I plug it into my computer to sync with iTunes, I get a Win10 error message about a power surge on my USB port. Windows shuts down the USB port, which means iTunes never sees the iPad and, in the eternal words of Seinfeld: No sync for me.
    iPads require 2000 mA or more, far in excess of what a conventional USB port can offer. If you happen to have a charging port (lightning bolt logo and yellow connector) use that, otherwise self-powered hub it is.

Also, Meg is right and fuck Apple and their overpriced, anti-consumer bullshit. "It's not what you have, it's how you market it" and they're living proof of that. Mac OS is good though.

3. Lounge   -   #4983
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post

There's no way you don't remember Dave, he was basically J-Dye with a revenge agenda and good grammar.
    No. Probably comes from the fact that I basically operate under the assumption that everyone on the internet is really a single Chinese bot codenamed Dennis, Dennis.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Lounge   -   #4984
    Well, the amount of automated spam I have to delete from the moderation queue every day seems to agree.

15 Posts Awaiting Moderation
    49 Threads Awaiting Moderation

5. Lounge   -   #4985
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Also, Meg is right and fuck Apple and their overpriced, anti-consumer bullshit. "It's not what you have, it's how you market it" and they're living proof of that. Mac OS is good though.
    Yes, he got that right! I gave up on all mobile Apple products years ago...

(Jailbreaks, unlockings... all garbage.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 12-12-2020 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Wasted Time... I wish I had back now.

6. Lounge   -   #4986
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Anyone recognize this guy?

Attachment 185814
    Always
    Coming
    From
    Take
    Me
    Down
    Very good. Apparently he's active on Reddit; posted that picture from one of his early concert tours... I did not remember him having such a baby face.

7. Lounge   -   #4987
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Got a new iPad Air, but when I plug it into my computer to sync with iTunes, I get a Win10 error message about a power surge on my USB port. Windows shuts down the USB port, which means iTunes never sees the iPad and, in the eternal words of Seinfeld: No sync for me.
    iPads require 2000 mA or more, far in excess of what a conventional USB port can offer. If you happen to have a charging port (lightning bolt logo and yellow connector) use that, otherwise self-powered hub it is.

Turns out it was the adapter. Ended up buying a cable with a USB-C plug and a regular USB plug on the ends, and all my problems went away... of course the port is not charging the device, but that was not my ultimate goal. I just wanted to be able to connect to iTunes so I can backup/restore my data and sync my music.

8. Lounge   -   #4988
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    The fact that I can't remember any of these people or what they did while on this site is the best thing that's happened to me today.
    There's no way you don't remember Dave, he was basically J-Dye with a revenge agenda and good grammar.
    Points to J-Dye for never wearing ecru. Or stalking anyone other than this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. Lounge   -   #4989
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Have you tried not getting an Apple product?
    Ackshually, Apple stuff is pretty nice. macOS is leaps and bounds cleaner than Windows for more things than I can name. Windows continues to feel so clunky and... boxy. Stale and old. Utilitarian even. I had a mid-2015 MacBook Pro and just decided to buy the new M1 MacBook Air and it is freakishly fast. It's also a nice bonus how MacBooks hold their value. I sold that Mid-2015, almost 6 year old laptop for $800!

Whenever I get a new computer or laptop there are subtle changes in speed increases but they aren't necessarily identifiable improvements, rather the whole machine just feels a bit faster and fresh in general. Not with the new M1 tho. Apps open instantaneously. It's quite impressive. So these days I have my own MacBook Air, a MacBook Pro which is work issued, and a nice Windows rig that at this point, is used exclusively for long term file storage and games. You just can't beat the MacBook imo for an awesome everyday user experience.

I don't think I'm anywhere close to getting off the Windows teat completely tho. That utilitarian aspect is great. It's definitely cheaper to have a Windows machine nearby for file storage and such.
    Last edited by Skiz; 12-13-2020 at 07:19 PM.

yo

10. Lounge   -   #4990
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Well, the amount of automated spam I have to delete from the moderation queue every day seems to agree.

15 Posts Awaiting Moderation
    49 Threads Awaiting Moderation
    Sorry man.

Just cleared out more than 100. FFS is the captcha off?

yo