Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deflection

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Has GW come up with a cunning stunt to remove Iraq as the primary legacy of his presidency.......by starting a new cold war?

Uber cunning non?
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Perhaps that's what he's doing, but I feel it may be someone else's idea

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Would things really get to that stage or has Russia become too westonised to turn its back on Europe and the US (so the likes of Russia and China always blustered at things like the US support for Israel and the sanctions imposed on the middle east and Korea but never back their words up)?

Also why is Europe allowing this to go ahead when they're supposed to be acting as an idiot buffer against the frequently questionable US actions and foreign policy?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Has GW come up with a cunning stunt to remove Iraq as the primary legacy of his presidency.......by starting a new cold war?

Uber cunning non?

I fail to see any way Bush could not have Iraq be his primary legacy.
    In fact I believe he wants it to be....reasons for this are debatable.

The statement of Russia choosing to point missiles at "New European Targets" was only a formality. Putin himself said it would take but a few minutes to re-lock on old European targets.
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOverlord View Post

Uber cunning non?

The statement of Russia choosing to point missiles at "New European Targets" was only a formality. Putin himself said it would take but a few minutes to re-lock on old European targets.
    To be perfectly honest, I was unaware that they had ever got round to unlocking them in the first place so the statement didn't cause me any loss of sleep.

I think it is a load of nonsense over a system that doesn't work yet set against a threat that doesn't exist yet - nor likely to for many years.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1

To be perfectly honest, I was unaware that they had ever got round to unlocking them in the first place so the statement didn't cause me any loss of sleep.

I think it is a load of nonsense over a system that doesn't work yet set against a threat that doesn't exist yet - nor likely to for many years.
    You should be worried. They say Hunterson is one of the targets when they actually mean you.

I was wondering, would it now be OK for Russia to set up a similar system in Cuba?

As for the Bush Legacy, it is scattered in graves all over Iraq, UK and the USA.
    Last edited by bigboab; 06-06-2007 at 04:38 PM.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post

You should be worried. They say Hunterson is one of the targets when they actually mean you.

I was wondering, would it now be OK for Russia to set up a similar system in Cuba?

As for the Bush Legacy, it is scattered in graves all over Iraq, UK and the USA.
    I must agree

Clinton legacy - Monica Lewinski
    Bush legacy - a botched Iraq War

I actually don't think Bush has a high point to his presidency.

That's pretty sad. I am happy to say that I didn't vote for him either time.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post

I must agree

Maybe Putin and Bush should go into the bathroom,pull down their pants,and see who has the biggest dick.....get me?

All those cold Russian winters I'd side with Bush.

This is nothing more than a pissing match....again.

I hope Bush doesn't plan any trips to Dealey Plaza...oh wait, I don't believe in conspiracies.

SideNote......Putin said Russia is the world's best democracy??
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    I must agree

Maybe Putin and Bush should go into the bathroom,pull down their pants,and see who has the biggest dick.....get me?

All those cold Russian winters I'd side with Bush.

This is nothing more than a pissing match....again.

I hope Bush doesn't plan any trips to Dealey Plaza...oh wait, I don't believe in conspiracies.

SideNote......Putin said Russia is the world's best democracy??
    I did read somewhere that Putin is quite witty and entertaining as a host - so that confirms it then

Bob - they will have to hurry though, I think Hunterson is due to close in a few years.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I remember Putin responding when Bush tried to lecture him about democracy.

He pointed out that GW was elected president but Gore got more votes.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast