Thread: Dht

i am using utorrent and i am disabling the DHT as all the private trackers say so ... is this making my download from the public site slow ? and if so what can i do if i am downloading from both private and public trackers ....

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    you should be able to turn on dht for a specific torrent. Just open the torrent properties in your client, and turn on DHT. This will only change the torrent you selected, leaving all the rest set to private.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    could u explain how using utorrent

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Thanos's Avatar Girls <3 BT BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by blues_blues View Post
    Double click the torrent then check "Enable DHT"

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blues_blues View Post
    Double click the torrent then check "Enable DHT"
    only works if he has the default operation for a double click set to open properties

If that doesn't work, right click the torrent, select properties, then enable DHT.

NOTE: the option will only be available if the torrent allows DHT. When making a torrent, if "private" is selected, this option is unavailable (I think that's how it works ).

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Heres a better idea don't use public trackers because they are less safe and anything you need you can find on private ones anyway.Just act like they don't exist and you won't even have to worry about it.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce6000 View Post
    Heres a better idea don't use public trackers because they are less safe and anything you need you can find on private ones anyway.Just act like they don't exist and you won't even have to worry about it.
    Absolutely not true (unless you ACTUALLY consider demonoid a private tracker). Sometimes there are things you just can't find anywhere else. There have even been things I couldn't find on demonoid and had to search for on the pirate bay and search engines.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yeah demonoid is a pretty good tracker for being public i must admit.I guess i mean more like torrentspy and such.Still probably is a little more risky though.I usually only download apps,games and movies so i can say that i absolutely can find anything that i need on one of the 20 or so private trackers that i'm a member of.
    Last edited by deuce6000; 06-14-2007 at 03:26 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce6000 View Post
    Yeah demonoid is a pretty good tracker for being public i must admit.I guess i mean more like torrentspy and such.Still probably is a little more risky though.I usually only download apps,games and movies so i can say that i absolutely can find anything that i need on one of the 20 or so private trackers that i'm a member of.
    I download apps, games movies, music. Still, there are some things I can't find anywhere else. The reason is cuz on demonoid, everyone is allowed to upload and you get non-scene releases. Oink can be a good substitute, but demonoid is better for small little utils.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Revolution is also good for things like that.I agree with what you say about demonoid though it's by far the top public tracker out there.