Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sites freak out after OiNK raid

AkaiDoresu's Avatar MilfHunter BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    1.TorrentLeech.org:"Registrations through invitations are disabled indefinitely. The invite system is disabled too, and all invitations sent and not used are revoked and cancelled. Please don't send us emails or contact support to ask them when invites are going to be open again, or to beg for ways to let your friends in. We simply don't know when we will allow new users to come in and we will ignore any email regarding this matter."
    2.PolishTracker.org:"Drodzy użytkownicy.
    W najbliższym czasie system zaproszeń zostanie całkowicie wyłączony na czas bliżej nieokreślony.
    W tym wypadku, jest to ostatnia szansa na zaproszenie kogoś na PT." - trans. Dear users, the invitation system will be closed soon indefinitely. This is the last chance to use your invitation and to invite somebody.
    Music-Vid.com:" To improve our security we have decided to close the site for new members with no exception.
    Our Invite System is not working anymore. User and Power User classes invites have been removed, so if you are VIP or Videoholic don't user your invites left, because they won't get any new member here for now.
    Since we are officially closed, we ask you all to not talk about the site on other forums, trackers, etc.
    These are hard times, so take care of your MusicVids account because you won't get easily a new one if you lose it."
    4.BlackCats-Games.net(annouced before OiNK raid - coincidance?): " I have decided that now is the time to close New Signups indefinately.
    We do not have invites, and i very much doubt they will be coming back any time soon.
    So if you have an account now, and you like it here, then i suggest you try to keep it. as getting in from now on will be virtually impossible.
    The staff also scour invite/trading sites, and it we do catch anyone trading their account on these sites, they will be banned without any notice.
    "
    4.???????? - Who will be next?

For me all the panic does not make any sense except TL.net case, since for me they were #1 biggest website that is pretty accessible. OiNK was raided because, there were people who actually made money out of music and were selling it to the public. It was #1 piracy source and I think TL would be #1 right now, but sites like music-vids are just too much worrying about it and I think there is no need to worry. What do you think guys?

And pretty interesting thing that BlackCats closed their invitation about one week before OiNK was attacked. Do you think there is any connection?
    Have a nice day.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Not to mention that stoi stepped down from BCG. May be coincidental, but just a thought.

WB has removed invites and may be implementing some huge changes to the tracker itself. I won't touch on those details though.

There has also been an influx of trackers wanting their reviews removed.

yo

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    AkaiDoresu's Avatar MilfHunter BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Not to mention that stoi stepped down from BCG. May be coincidental, but just a thought.

WB has removed invites and may be implementing some huge changes to the tracker itself. I won't touch on those details though.

There has also been an influx of trackers wanting their reviews removed.
    You mean reviews on FST ?
    Have a nice day.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    nice post!

just look at the responses on this forum to all the new trackers that are opening and you'll see plenty of people freaking out thinking MPAA and Mediadefender infiltrated the whole internet. this is EXACTLY what the anti-piracy groups wanted to happen after busting oink, and its amazing how naive people are to fall for the trap.

we dont even know the end result of the oink investigation yet panic is the first thing people do. and its so easy to spread... all the guys panicking are doing Mediadefenders job for them. They should give themselves a pat on the back.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Does anyone else see the Oink raid as the end of an era? I have a feeling that the other major trackers are next on the list. Of course, they'll just be replaced by other trackers, and then the cycle will begin all over again.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by james99 View Post
    nice post!

just look at the responses on this forum to all the new trackers that are opening and you'll see plenty of people freaking out thinking MPAA and Mediadefender infiltrated the whole internet. this is EXACTLY what the anti-piracy groups wanted to happen after busting oink, and its amazing how naive people are to fall for the trap.

we dont even know the end result of the oink investigation yet panic is the first thing people do. and its so easy to spread... all the guys panicking are doing Mediadefenders job for them. They should give themselves a pat on the back.
    so true... even mere user are scared using some of the sites after the raid. Some people would never return @ OiNK again because of this note on OiNK website about investigating users identity. Believe me, if Police wanted to chase you, they wouldn't announce that...
    Have a nice day.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I think most of this is just an over reaction to the events that have occured.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    ^ you are right my friend ^

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by briand5379 View Post
    I think most of this is just an over reaction to the events that have occured.
    very true.

Another thing to keep in mind is the sheer size of oink's user base. 180,000 is 10x larger than most private trackers, and that's just the enabled members. I can't begin to imagine the number of people who have had an account at one time or another. That said, it maintained a significantly higher profile than sites such as E****.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I wish that torrent sites where more secure to begin with; therefor, I find this move by many sites to be for the greater good of the overall torrent community.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast