Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seedbox with multiple users?

Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    i want to know if i get a dedicated server and made sub accounts for my friend so that we are 5persons who are using the same server or seedbox
    i want to know if all of as will have the same ip
    and if yes then is there any way to give a different ip for every person or user
    please help me

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    You can get dedicated linux server with many ip's and setup rtorrent to bind on specific ip address for each user.
    Last edited by sparcode; 04-20-2009 at 08:05 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Guess you need to contact the person who is gonna sell you the server or, if you're only renting rackspace & bandwidth, contact the colo for multiple IPs. Some resellers are really picky on giving out multiple IPs so choose/ask wisely.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    is ther any one know sellers who give multiple ip???

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    manu1991's Avatar Ancient Philospher BT Rep: +3
    Depends on your budget , if you have a generous budget you cant get multiple Ip's

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I know server.lu gets you several IPs on the higher-end dedicated machines. On the other hand, dunno if you need several IP's for specific purposed but you can also configure several listening-ports on 1 IP, depending on the application you're running. So friend A won't be able to see what friend B is doing an such.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    what is seedbox ????

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by asdasdasd View Post
    what is seedbox ????
    This forum does have a search-option...

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-gui...ner-faq-280125

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by manu1991 View Post
    Depends on your budget , if you have a generous budget you cant get multiple Ip's
    thanks for your interesting

Quote Originally Posted by FransTormer View Post
    I know server.lu gets you several IPs on the higher-end dedicated machines. On the other hand, dunno if you need several IP's for specific purposed but you can also configure several listening-ports on 1 IP, depending on the application you're running. So friend A won't be able to see what friend B is doing an such.
    thank you
    but i just want to deal with torrent sites safely because three of us have tl for example
    so that if we downloaded from it we will be banned
    please tell me what is the best and safe way to share seed box
    Last edited by emadmet3eb; 04-21-2009 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    You won't be banned for sharing a seedbox with same IP if thats what you are worrying about. Lots of people use seedboxes with the same IP shared between many people. I have never heard of any site banning people for using shared seedbox.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast