Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ILoveTorrents Review

Hombre's Avatar Finish Him !!!! BT Rep: +1

2. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #2
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Looks a little like bitsoup(without the horrid banner).

3. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #3
    Poster
    That's because it is a sister site to Bitsoup.

4. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #4
    It is BitSoup's open for signups sibling.

Thanks for the review. ILT was my first tracker, and a great one for starters.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    It is BitSoup's open for signups sibling.

Thanks for the review. ILT was my first tracker, and a great one for starters.
    I just left ILT after about a month of tedious wrestling with ratio. They call themselves a sharing community but they have no concept of what sharing is. If you want to learn what sharing really is, go to something like Demonoid. They do not believe in tracking ratios. Anyone with an understanding of simple transactions should be able to understand why ratios don't work if you think it through. Ratio as a goal is understandable but as a rule is problematic. ILT is not a sharing community. It is a bartering community. I was enlightened on a public tracker as to the problems of such private trackers and I agree by experience.

6. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Chauk View Post
    ILT is not a sharing community. It is a bartering community.
    Because they keep track of ratios? They use that as a measure to make sure everyone gives back, just like most if not all private trackers that do so. If you don't like that system, you'll have to either use ratio-free sites or (semi-)public ones like Demonoid, TPB, etc.

Either way, ILT is easy to seed on... if you snatch or cross-seed some popular torrents, you should be able to buffer up whenever you want.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #7
    @Chauk

If you are the same Chauk on ILT that was leeching a 5 month old 25GB torrent I was seeding a few weeks ago, it does help if you actually seed what you download and dont moan about ratios when I presume you then get warned.

8. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #8
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    pwnd, as they say.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

9. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim22 View Post
    @Chauk

If you are the same Chauk on ILT that was leeching a 5 month old 25GB torrent I was seeding a few weeks ago, it does help if you actually seed what you download and dont moan about ratios when I presume you then get warned.

You are correct as to who I am. I am not moaning about being warned or about ratios per se or really at all. The only purpose in going to ILT was to get another perspective on torrent sites. OCD is the only reason I hung around as long as I did. What I learned is different than most. Any time a file is downloaded, lecher's ratio goes down but uploaders ratio goes up. Therefore from my perspective it is an even exchange at that point. Not tracking ratios is only problematic if there are to many hit & runs. It is my belief that human nature would never let that happen. However, it is human nature to fear loss. When people in control fear such loss, they tend to become draconian in nature. You can hear it in the tone of the rules. The only place I might have a problem would be that uploaders unnecessarily call lechers torrent thieves. That would be like a clerk and a patron calling each other a thief because they gave something up without realizing they received something of expected value. Since ILT has probably banned me by now for to low a ratio, that means ILT stole ratio.

Either way, ILT is easy to seed on... if you snatch or cross-seed some popular torrents, you should be able to buffer up whenever you want.
    I can tell you didn't read my entire post. If you missed it because of the way it is written, then forgive me please. Written, so called upper level language, and I have never gotten along. Anyway, by your own words, easy is defined as serving ILT not ILT serving the community.
    Last edited by Chauk; 04-07-2010 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #10
    threelions00's Avatar on a shirt... BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    You are correct as to who I am. I am not moaning about being warned or about ratios per se or really at all. The only purpose in going to ILT was to get another perspective on torrent sites. OCD is the only reason I hung around as long as I did. What I learned is different than most. Any time a file is downloaded, lecher's ratio goes down but uploaders ratio goes up. Therefore from my perspective it is an even exchange at that point. Not tracking ratios is only problematic if there are to many hit & runs. It is my belief that human nature would never let that happen. However, it is human nature to fear loss. When people in control fear such loss, they tend to become draconian in nature. You can hear it in the tone of the rules. The only place I might have a problem would be that uploaders unnecessarily call lechers torrent thieves. That would be like a clerk and a patron calling each other a thief because they gave something up without realizing they received something of expected value. Since ILT has probably banned me by now for to low a ratio, that means ILT stole ratio.

I can tell you didn't read my entire post. If you missed it because of the way it is written, then forgive me please. Written, so called upper level language, and I have never gotten along. Anyway, by your own words, easy is defined as serving ILT not ILT serving the community.
    I read this as if I was reading The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe. It made it much more fun to read :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast