Thread: Newsdemon

I am using newdemons and grabbit which has been running fine for about a week but now does not download anything. I left it one night and in the morning it had stopped at rar 13 of a movie.

Anyone had this problem?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Try using a different client such as the NewsLeecher perhaps...

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    visionaryone
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Try using a different client such as the NewsLeecher perhaps...
    Yeah or NewsBin, then let us know if the problem persists.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    I have tried installing grabbit again and it seems to be working now. But evry so often my pc keeps freezing while using it. I defragment it and it works better. But after a while the same thing happens again.

Is there any way to solve this?

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by cow800 View Post
    I have tried installing grabbit again and it seems to be working now. But evry so often my pc keeps freezing while using it. I defragment it and it works better. But after a while the same thing happens again. Is there any way to solve this?
    Yes. There is. Ditch Grabbit and get a better newsgroup client.

There are literally TONS of them out there. Newsleecher and Newsbin are the most popular and both ARE excellent. However, they also cost money. Unless of course you want to use Grabbit to download a "free unlimited trial edition" from UseNet. :-D

Also, there are some excellent free newsgroup clients. I used XNews for years and loved it. But it's pretty kludgey and 'old school' in it's interface and it's approach. And no NZB support. Then I "tried out" Newsleecher and fell in love with the ease of use and NZB support. Haven't looked back since.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    dutchmaster420's Avatar God's Son
    i have tried numerous different clients and grabit seems to max out my connection while other clients give much lower download speeds....but i guess your milage may vary

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    I use newsleecher and max out my connection with newshosting all the time.(8 connections) Another favorite of mine if you have to grab something quick is nzb-o-matic,fast and very easy to use.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Grabit works a treat for me. I am experimenting with other newsreaders. I am currently trying out NewsBin which seems very good also. I really dont think your problem is your newsreader. Maybe a port problem on a router ISP problems or even your NSP has problems.

Good luck

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    BANNED BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    grabit, works fine and its free.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    mata7's Avatar I Love Lindsay
    i use grabit for 2 years never have a single problem