Thread: These kids rock!

SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Check out these kids jamming out.

http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

2. Music   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post

They butchered Iron Maiden.

yo

3. Music   -   #3
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    They don't speak english and the oldest is only 14. I think they "played" the tune well. LOL

4. Music   -   #4
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    omg, i was listening to sepultura when i clicked to play that first video, which is for "refuse, resist"

these kids def kick ass for being 12 or whatever. especially the drummer. he had some mad double bass going on.

damn, i just saw the <sic> video. the drummer is really good for being so young.

there's some parental figure encouraging them thru all this tho, which is pretty sweet. music kicks ass.

5. Music   -   #5
    A local radio show here in San Diego is trying to fly them out to open for a huge show to open for like 15 bands! The crowd would go off when the bust out with a Iron Maiden cover.

6. Music   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Is it just me or am I the only one who thinks they're terrible, regardless of age?

The only one who would have any shot at all in the future is the drummer kid, but even he needs to be taught that speed isn't everything. His lack of rhythm throws the whole band off.

And the futile attempts at head-banging need to cease as well.

yo

7. Music   -   #7
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Is it just me or am I the only one who thinks they're terrible, regardless of age?

The only one who would have any shot at all in the future is the drummer kid, but even he needs to be taught that speed isn't everything. His lack of rhythm throws the whole band off.

And the futile attempts at head-banging need to cease as well.

geez, they're KIDS! young kids at that. how can you say they're terrible without knowing how long they've been playing? maybe they just started last week, and if thats the case, its pretty fucking incredible.

everyone is terrible when they're starting out (aka, when they're young). just think how good they'll be when they're 17,18,19... probably pretty bomb. especially after playing in a band/group, which takes skill beyond just playing your instrument.

don't clip their wings yet Skizo.
    Last edited by lee551; 04-19-2007 at 06:11 AM.

8. Music   -   #8
    Bucktoof's Avatar Byaaah! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    The little girl in the Iron Maiden one was hilarious, especially when she held a mic and was lip-syncing when the guy started his singing.

They'll improve, and they'll probably be pretty good. Good for them to practice music.
    http://4t.myminicity.com/ind - build industry!
    http://4t.myminicity.com/tra - build transportation
    http://4t.myminicity.com/sec - build security