Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Tony leaving in June...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,271192,00.html

...will Gordon Brown fit in George Bush's lap?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,271192,00.html

...will Gordon Brown fit in George Bush's lap?
    Depends on whether or not he(Bush) still has his hard-on for Tony.
    He(Gordon) might have to learn how to twirl.

OUCH!!
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I don't think George will get on with Gordon all that well.

Incidentally, They reckon Blair could make up to £40 million in the next year. Not bad...

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    popopot's Avatar To Me, To You BT Rep: +5
    I don't think Bush and Brown will get on that well. Brown has an air of arrogance and superiority complex about him that will make him despise but humour Bush because he has to.

Do you think Blair did a good job?

Whatever good he did, he will inevitably be remembered for all the bad things like the Iraq war, cash for honours scandal, foot and mouth crisis, fuel crisis, etc. Throughout it all I think he tried to portray himself as an honourable man, who stuck by his principals. He did some good things such as generating a stable economy (or should that credit go to Brown?!), getting the 2012 olympics, being a stand-up leader in times of crisis like the 7/7 bombings.

I think I actually quite liked the guy - not in a way obviously.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by popopot View Post
    I don't think Bush and Brown will get on that well. Brown has an air of arrogance and superiority complex about him that will make him despise but humour Bush because he has to.

Do you think Blair did a good job?

Whatever good he did, he will inevitably be remembered for all the bad things like the Iraq war, cash for honours scandal, foot and mouth crisis, fuel crisis, etc. Throughout it all I think he tried to portray himself as an honourable man, who stuck by his principals. He did some good things such as generating a stable economy (or should that credit go to Brown?!), getting the 2012 olympics, being a stand-up leader in times of crisis like the 7/7 bombings.

I think I actually quite liked the guy - not in a way obviously.
    Perhaps then Bush will curl up in Brown's lap, bidden or not.

Say what you will about Bush, he is not pretentious; Lord knows, he has no reason to be.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Say what you will about Bush, he is not pretentious; Lord knows, he has no reason to be.
    That doesn't really make any sense. If I take your meaning correctly.

Pretentious is generally taken to mean something like demanding an undeserved position of distinction. So if you are saying that he is not pretentious then you are saying either that he doesn't claim a position of merit, or that if he does, then he deserves it. Unless that is what you mean. But that makes "he has no reason to be" seem out of place. "He has no need to be" would make sense, given your use of the word "pretentious".

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard Scuff View Post

Pretentious is generally taken to mean something like demanding an undeserved position of distinction. So if you are saying that he is not pretentious then you are saying either that he doesn't claim a position of merit, or that if he does, then he deserves it. Unless that is what you mean. But that makes "he has no reason to be" seem out of place. "He has no need to be" would make sense, given your use of the word "pretentious".
    I am quite happy to inform you of your complete misapprehension of my meaning.

Aren't you relieved.

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8

Aren't you relieved.
    Not really until you enlighten me on said true meaning.

I predict a lack of sleep.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    BassJunkie's Avatar Poster
    Man he's a prick, but there still aint anyone better to take over.
    If he didn't have his head stuck up Bush's ass he would av still been going strong.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10

Aren't you relieved.
    Not really until you enlighten me on said true meaning.

I predict a lack of sleep.
    It's quite simple-

Pretense is affect, is it not?

Sometimes this affect is practiced by a person of accomplishment and substance...sometimes it is not.

Bush is certainly not of the intellectual elite, nor can he boast of a life of singular achievement; at least he doesn't pretend, as does, say, John Kerry, who is a completely empty suit.

How about your Mr. Brown?

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast