Thread: new router, help!

Col. Skillz's Avatar Bacco,Tabacco,Venere
    I'm posting this at a few forums to get more replies, here goes

I finally got the damn thing! Installed fine after resetting my modem and restarting my computer. My results are a little mixed though, I also have no clue how to set this thing up for perofrmance.

On my desktop i lost 1000 kbit/s download and about 60kbit/s upload =(

On my LAP however, my wireless went up from 1100 download to 1700 download!! wireless n is sickkk. the upload on my laptop also went down my 60kbit/s.

Can anyone explain what could cause my upload and download to go down on my desktop? i figure its a setting, but wouldn't know where to start. also, it looks like my ip address changed with the new router, could that be the culprit, and if so, can i change it back or to anything else?

Another thing, my bit torrent wont connect. I have upnp enabled and the ports are open, utorrent says its connecting, and so do my private trackers.

im not too worried, i figure these are just settings, and that wireless n is smoking, almost 2x!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    ryan20021982's Avatar Z@X | t3Am BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by Col. Skillz View Post
    Another thing, my bit torrent wont connect. I have upnp enabled and the ports are open, utorrent says its connecting, and so do my private trackers.
    Did you setup a static IP??

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Skillz View Post
    also, it looks like my ip address changed with the new router, could that be the culprit, and if so, can i change it back or to anything else?
    The router will use your actual IP address but it assigns IP's to each device itself
    Last edited by ryan20021982; 02-21-2009 at 01:51 PM.