Thread: Dell inspiron 9400 dropped

Hey all,
    My friend dropped her dell laptop on a tile floor and now it will not power on at all, when I press the power button the light will come on for a couple seconds and then turn off, what could the problem be and is it fairly easy to fix?
    Thanks for any help.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Almost anything could be the problem. The most likely (at least in my opinion) is the hard drive was bumped to hard.

I'd suggest some inexpensive PC repair like you can find on Craigslist.

yo

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator71 View Post
    Hey all,
    My friend dropped her dell laptop on a tile floor and now it will not power on at all, when I press the power button the light will come on for a couple seconds and then turn off, what could the problem be and is it fairly easy to fix?
    Thanks for any help.
    Well I forgot to mention, it did work at first (i've had it twice) and was fine but this time it's not doing anything not sure what happened since I had it the first time...could the mb be damaged you think?
    Thanks

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    As Skiz already mentioned, anything could wrong and you've made the problem worse by insisting on powering up the machine without examining it first.
    Laptops are in general, flimsy pieces of shit (oh, am I revealing a bias here?) and a blow can effect any number of components.

Was it ON when it was dropped?
    That would make it even better...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Yes it was on when it dropped

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    But of course it was.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I gave it back to her and she's gonna have it serviced at a pc shop, thanks to all who replied