Thread: Account went inactive at Waffles..

I hadn't been able to get on for quite some time and ended up losing access to my Waffles account. After talking with an OP on IRC it was noted that accounts are deleted after 10 weeks of inactivity and cannot be recovered. Personally I think that the policy should be changed, sure make the accounts inactive and unable to be logged into but why delete them? Some people do have legit reasons for not being able to get on. Ah well, I'm just ranting.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    if you didn't even check the site once in 10 weeks how much did you really need it in the first place ??

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Duly noted.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    These threads never make any sense; how do you not access a site you apparently care about for more than 10 weeks, and then suddenly realize you need it direly? Unless you went to go fight a war for two and a half months, then I'm sure you could have went to the browse page at least once. These threads always sound like traders who suddenly remember they have some sort of currency and want to renew it.

they didn't built Rome in one day

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Yeah, good point. I don't download music often but when I do I like to be able to get high quality formats.

Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    These threads never make any sense; how do you not access a site you apparently care about for more than 10 weeks, and then suddenly realize you need it direly? Unless you went to go fight a war for two and a half months, then I'm sure you could have went to the browse page at least once. These threads always sound like traders who suddenly remember they have some sort of currency and want to renew it.

LOL.. I am merely ranting. I could care less about trading. I have everything I need with TL as far as movies and tv goes. Just kind of irked me that I wasn't able to get on and DL a high quality version of an album that I wanted because I hadn't logged in for a while.
    Last edited by insanebasket; 09-17-2008 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    punki_rach's Avatar El Chupanibre BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    They delete inactive accounts so people who will use the site more than once every 10 weeks can get in I guess

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Well despite not being able to get back on Waffles I was able to get back on What.CD.