Page 526 of 740 FirstFirst ... 26426476516523524525526527528529536576626 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,260 of 7395

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    First the War of 1812 and now women's soccer. Seems that defeating the US is becoming a habit.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Lounge   -   #5252
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Today Canada is celebrating it's first official Emancipation Day. The fact that Canada has never actually had legalized slavery shouldn't stand in the way or anything.
    You still have Her Majesty on the $20 bill, so close enough.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Lounge   -   #5253
    Easy mistake but that's actually Howie Mandell in drag.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-02-2021 at 05:08 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #5254
    Buying a new vacuum cleaner is hard, man. Look at reviews and some people are like this is the greatest thing ever and other people are like this is total shite regardless of price point.

5. Lounge   -   #5255
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Buying a new vacuum cleaner is hard, man. Look at reviews and some people are like this is the greatest thing ever and other people are like this is total shite regardless of price point.
    Can't go wrong with a Miele product...

6. Lounge   -   #5256
    Not the worst thing anyone has ever suggested to me on this site. You know and absolutely don't care but there was a Miele bicycle once upon a time that was made in or around Toronto. Nothing to do with the German appliance company as it was started by an Italian and was pronounced Me-el-e as opposed to Mee-la. I'm assuming Kraut vacuums are better because they are manufactured in Germany unlike most that are made on the cheap in the Far East.

7. Lounge   -   #5257
    Should you buy the one that sucks the least, or the one that sucks the most?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. Lounge   -   #5258
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    I found a Dyson 10 years ago... at a yard sale that was closing up... owner said it needed work... and it was free. I took it home, stripped it down, washed it all up, replaced about $13usd

worth in replacement parts. Made it work like new.

(Actually, It is the finest vacuum I ever owned and I owned a few. Don't remember the model, but it sold for about $480 at that time.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 08-05-2021 at 02:31 PM. Reason: My 2 cents on the subject.

9. Lounge   -   #5259
    Havent used a vacuum in years.

10. Lounge   -   #5260
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Question for the computer experts here -- so I've been having issues with my internet connection and/or wifi lately. At first I thought it was the fiber connection (who knows how many neighbors have jumped on the bandwagon lately?) and then I thought it might be my router, but it looks like everybody else in the house has a stable connection and just now, when my computer "lost" the network, I can still see and connect to it on my phone or ipad. So my next suspicion is that it's my computer, or more precisely the networking card and/or the driver.

Basically, two things seem to happen. One, occasionally I am losing one or both of my wifi networks, where the computer doesn't appear to see the SSIDs (even though other devices still see them). This seems to happen more often with the 5 GHz network than the 2.4 GHz network. BUT, I still see some of my neighbors' wifi networks and I see the wifi network from my fiber gateway (one of those combined gateway/router boxes from AT&T; I just use it as a passthrough to connect to my own router). So I can't even say that I don't have any connectivity, because I can just connect to the other network until my own comes back. Second, the network performance seems to degrade over time; under the best of circumstances I used to get download rates (as indicated by SABnzb) in the neighborhood of 13 MB/sec; but lately I'm happy if I get 3 MB/sec, and it seems to be fluctuating between 3 MB/sec and zero (which usually indicates that I am about to lose the network). No clue what's going on here.

Any suggestions? The network card is a Dell special that came with the computer, so I have no idea what model it is or how good it is. The driver is just whatever Windows Update gave me. Time to get a new wifi card? reinstall Windows (I know, I know, I still need to do that). Anything else I can do? I'm pretty much at my wits' end (didn't take much to begin with, but still)...