Page 207 of 741 FirstFirst ... 107157197204205206207208209210217257307707 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 7404

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    I've never dabbled with the VR stuff but it looks cool. Why aren't the graphics better on those tho?
    I think you need to dive in and try it. Even some of the simpler games are incredibly immersive. That's got to take extra processing power, and additional work to make everything interactive. Sooo much different than watching on any screen. First time I took my headset off, I had to readjust to the size of my living room -- I was so completely immersed in the game that the room I was in made me feel like that was the room I was in physically-- my living room was smaller than I had remembered. Such a strange feeling. It will only get more immersive and interactive.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #2062
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I think you need to dive in and try it. Even some of the simpler games are incredibly immersive. That's got to take extra processing power, and additional work to make everything interactive. Sooo much different than watching on any screen. First time I took my headset off, I had to readjust to the size of my living room -- I was so completely immersed in the game that the room I was in made me feel like that was the room I was in physically-- my living room was smaller than I had remembered. Such a strange feeling. It will only get more immersive and interactive.
    Attachment 178689

3. Lounge   -   #2063

4. Lounge   -   #2064
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    They needed to waste money on a study? I mean one look at Mulder would have told anyone that.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Lounge   -   #2065
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I thought you were happy where you are. Nice place, lots of stuff to do, and I haven't heard you mention anything you don't like there. One of the houses I do caregiving in has a nice 55" vizio. I am content with it. Found it strange that it has no on/off switch -- and the remote is lost. Had to power cycle it to get it on. I have a Samsung in the living room at home. Don't care too much about the smart features-- the Nvidia, even Amazon is a better interface.

Edit-- HDR sounds like a feature worth having. Comments I have seen (just offhand ones, not real reviews) make it sound like a big step up.
    Meh. It's a mixed bag. Summer weather is great. Winter lasts too long. Lots to do but we've done a lot of it as well. We miss Texas hospitality, food, and friends. People aren't exactly rude here but no one goes out of their way to be nice either. Colorado food is utter shit. These people are completely clueless about good food. And making a group of new friends in a smallish town while in your 40's... fuhgetaboutit. We each have some work peeps we like to hang out with and some running friends but that's about it. Trade offs are huge property taxes in Texas vs tiny prop taxes here. Our property taxes in Texas on a $350K home would run close to what our entire mortgage payment is here.

yo

6. Lounge   -   #2066
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Shield TV on sale everywhere for $149 right now.

yo

7. Lounge   -   #2067
    2016 or 2017 version?

8. Lounge   -   #2068
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Our property taxes in Texas on a $350K home would run close to what our entire mortgage payment is here.
    Yeah, but your income tax would be lower.

PS: AND THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

9. Lounge   -   #2069
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by exmachina View Post
    2016 or 2017 version?
    There was no 2016 version that I know of. Just the 2015 and 2017. The one on sale is the 2017 version.

yo

10. Lounge   -   #2070
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    Yeah, but your income tax would be lower.
    Yeah. State income tax here isn't bad tho at all. I was worried about when we moved here but it's been a non-factor.

I'm telling you man, this is a cheap place to live. Lets say you own a $300k home here. Your prop taxes are going to be about $100/month, whereas my house in Texas was 4x that. The prop taxes here are so insignificant that you don't even equate for them when home shopping.

Electricity: In Texas we have big electricity bills much of the year bc of the AC. I don't even own an AC here. My summer electric bills are fk all. And the furnace is pretty cheap in the winter bc it's gas.

Water: In Texas we all have St Augustine grass which needs lots of water to survive. I've had months in Texas where my water would be $400/m. Dont have that issue with Bermuda grass here. Doesn't need much water and the watering season is only about 4 months.

Internet: Fastest internet in the US here and $49/m for life. Don't even get me started on Time Warners bullshit...

Moving back to Texas may cost us $600-800 more a month to live in an equivalent home.
    Last edited by Skiz; 12-26-2017 at 07:15 PM.

yo