Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: There is something I don't understand about the serial killer Ted Bundy

OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Okay, I know that he was very shy in his junior high school years, but how did he overcome his shyness and become so charming? I watched one movie about him, but is there a movie where Bundy is shown during his teenage years? It's very interesting that so many women adored him and sent him love letters before he was executed. So, my question is how he overcame his shyness and became idolized by so many women.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    He was a psychopath, you fuckwit. You can't learn to be like him.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    But what I am saying is that it's hard for me to understand how a person can be shy, but at the same time be charming and have good social skills. Ted Bundy was such a person, right?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Yeah, because he gave a shit about what opinion would people form about him and he knew the "forceful" way of getting the shit out of girls, but I have to admit, he was a genius in criminal psychology.
    Last edited by whatcdfan; 03-07-2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: typo

5. Lounge   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    That's crazy talk.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Don't let Snee get you down, Oleg. You can be like any sociopath you want- if you try hard, and TRULY want it. Grab life by the throat and slice, my imbalanced friend. Slice.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    But what I am saying is that it's hard for me to understand how a person can be shy, but at the same time be charming and have good social skills. Ted Bundy was such a person, right?
    I've never heard of the guy, but I don't see why one should be either shy or have good social skills and not both.
    Maybe look at the root of the shyness, for example a fear of being judged would cause you to both not want to interact with people but at the same time thrive to perfect it for those times when you are required to interact.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I think women are fundamentally attracted to men with unibrow, that might be the reason they found him so charming...

You know what to do now to get laid, implants...
    Last edited by KFlint; 03-08-2011 at 12:50 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    strong personality... simply that
    whether it's based on intellectual superiority, arrogance, or whatever. It's the self-assuredness that is magnetic. Not studying his history in detail, I don't know if he was "charming", but charm and gravitation are not the same thing.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    But it's interesting that even someone like him was suffering from shyness for a certain period of his life.

Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast